Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Warhamemer 40k it´s about confrontation and war among different races/factions many incompatible among them, so like A Game of Thrones: The Card Game and the latter expansion to invasion Warhammer: Invasion – Cataclysm that let 4 players wage war among them, making the 1 vs 1 base game a good multiplayer that let temporal alliances and many ways to win.

I hope Conquest has a future (not to distant please) expansion that lets 3 or 4 players battle each other for the conquest of the planets.

Thoughs about this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Luisjoey wrote:
Warhamemer 40k it´s about confrontation and war among different races/factions many incompatible among them, so like A Game of Thrones: The Card Game and the latter expansion to invasion Warhammer: Invasion – Cataclysm that let 4 players wage war among them, making the 1 vs 1 base game a good multiplayer that let temporal alliances and many ways to win.

I hope Conquest has a future (not to distant please) expansion that lets 3 or 4 players battle each other for the conquest of the planets.

Thoughs about this?

I think you're right and I believe the expansion route has an almost %100 chance of happening. It's FFG after all! What you mentioned happened in Star Wars LCG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, that kind of expansion sounds extremely likely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Bao
msg tools
I think it's likely that an expansion will increase player numbers. Hopefully it won't take as long as the Star Wars card game. That said, I don't see any mechanics that are strictly asymmetrical like the Death Star dial to take into account, so maybe a port will be much easier.

I think we'll know a lot more once previews start rolling out and cards start showing up with "target player" or "all of your opponents" on them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Multiplayer free 4 all tends to create longer games because no one really wants to get the first to call attention on himself.
I've played Game of Thrones multiplayer and find it very defficient.

Only real multiplayer game i've played and enjoyed (card game i mean) is Vampire, and because is a game designed for it.

All the other games may accept multiplayer, but are usually designed for a 1vs1 experience.

Sometimes multiplayer in the form of 2vs2 is a nice solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Death Dragon
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Looking at how similar this game seems to be to Blood Bowl: Team Manager, multiplayer certainly seems to be a possibility.
You could play Team Manager as a free for all with 2, 3 or 4 players. They'd probably need to change the rules so that more than one planet can be conquered each turn though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would anyone want to bother with more than 2 players. The Tau are just going to beat everyone.

ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First i do like multiplayer cardgames, Duel Cardgames are not my favorite, but i do know the multiplayer cardgaming tends to be unbalanced.

Shkar wrote:
Multiplayer free 4 all tends to create longer games because no one really wants to get the first to call attention on himself.
I've played Game of Thrones multiplayer and find it very defficient.

I have to respectfully dissagree since the game 4 player mechanic is good, but a deck that works fine in duels could be flawed in this mode, other multiplayers games i played need to fix somebody to hurt per turn or it will end on 3 against one after fighting each others. GOT LCG saves that and focus you on the winning points hitting somebody just for the points and defending, but different than a duel cardgame, here you add the negotiation ongoing the game that makes this game interesting. I encourage you to try it again, but focusing on negotiations. (i do play lannister )

Shkar wrote:
Only real multiplayer game i've played and enjoyed (card game i mean) is Vampire, and because is a game designed for it.

I shall try it, i´m a big fan of Vampire and i still don´t undestand why i didn´t have tried Jyhad at last, thanks for the recommendation.

Horror Leader wrote:
Why would anyone want to bother with more than 2 players. The Tau are just going to beat everyone.

ninja

Hope not in this game (too) the tau used to be the easey cake, now they could destroy you on your own seat! (( I hope not the same on the card game, but it´s an awfull alliance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.