Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying desperately to paint my bloodbowl miniatures but unfortunately I am having issues with the paints I am using...

I have primed my models with GW black primer. The layers I'm about to add are the "Army Painter" "Colour Primers" like "Pure Red". It is just not sticking to the primer... Painting seems to be impossible. I have the same problem with my Yellow colour... it is just not sticking... What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Robinson
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps I do not understand your issue, but you want to paint several layers using thinned down paint instead of one thick one. Don't expect to cover the area in one coat of paint. Thin the paint with water until it is the consistency of milk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
No, i dont use thinned colour. it should be the baselayer and it should be just red... :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
malteh wrote:
No, i dont use thinned colour. it should be the baselayer and it should be just red... :-(

edit: wow, it was the brush! I changed the brush and the problem is better now, but still the paint is not sticking very good. it is impossible to paint a consistent layer, even on larger flat surfaces like the shoulder protectors of the orc guards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Two things to consider before trying to paint your figures:

1. Wash them in warm soapy water and rinse them in clean water. Leave them to dry. This will remove any of the chemicals that were used to release them from the moulds.

2. Prime the figures first. I prefer spray primer, but you can also get good brush-on primers as well. The colour you choose doesn't really matter, but if you're painting bright colours like red and yellow, I'd recommend white or grey primer. Priming the figure will ensure that there is a good 'tooth' for your paints to stick to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
malteh wrote:
malteh wrote:

edit: wow, it was the brush!

Give your brushes a good clean. Washing up liquid (aka dish soap) will suffice (but make sure you rinse thoroughly), however ideally you want to use something like Masters Brush Soap.

Also makes sure you shake the paints thoroughly before using them (and ideally pop an agitator in to the pot or bottle (don't use a ball bearing, do use something won't corrode (such as a ceramic baking bean))).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Rohde Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you use army painter color primer, it is not necessary to prime them in black first. That is the point of APs color primer.

Please not that red and yellow are bad colors. They need a red or yellow primer... or a white primer, then a white paint/yellow 50/50, then a thin layer of yellow and then a thin yellow layer more...

...Troels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.