Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb

Can someone explain if i have to damage my investigator after i have resolved the "reflex" effect of my (Pyro)mania card which is "place a fire token in your space".

I didn't damage myself because the investigators turns had all ended before resolving the next event card, but the room was on fire with me in it during the activation of monsters.

There was also a situation with the "voice of ra" where i had to place a fire token in my space, but this spell is used at the end of your turn, and fire tokens deal damage when an investigator ends his turn in a room that is on fire which it wasn't, but just after the spell was resolved.

Help me out pls. thx.wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
Fire hurts investigators who end their turn in a room on fire. Since reflex effects happen outside of your turn, you will not take damage from the fire until the end of your next turn, and even then you will only take the damage if you sit around in the burning room instead of getting out of there.

The Voice of Ra versus fire damage timing is a little less clear-cut but I believe Voice of Ra fully resolves before the game checks if you should take fire damage. (So if it sets your room on fire, you'll take damage, but if you use its action to Run out of an already-burning room, you'll avoid damage.) I don't have a clear rules citation for that, but it seems to me that things you have the option of doing at the end of your turn should all be taken care of before things that happen to you at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto de Gooijer
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you so much for your answer! Even cleared out something else for me, that i could perform a run action with voice of ra.

I think you are right that if you have the option to run out of the fire and you choose to use a different action and stay in the fire you will be burnt.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.