Popular Tags: [View All]
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all. As you can see from the lack of a "New User" badge, I am an active member of the BGG community, so I hope it's not an issue to announce/call for submissions for Entropy, a new online literary magazine that isn't just about literature. Specifically, from the Welcome post by Peter Tieryas Liu,

Quote:
Janice Lee and I have been working on the idea of doing a literary magazine for the past year. It would be a fusing of influences, HTMLGiant conjoined with Kotaku, Millions, and all the other amazing magazines out there. We knew what he wanted; the orphans, the brilliant pieces on gaming, genre fiction, drama, movies, and more that have a hard time finding homes. We wanted conversational reviews, 1-sentence reviews, speculations on the heat death of the universe, epistemological inquiries into religion and ontology. We wanted to make people’s eyes supernova over 1000 words. I’ve sometimes read reviews on my FB feed of various things that are way more brilliant than stuff in the best of magazines and we wanted to give those pieces homes. So we’re starting a new site—scratch that—a new COMMUNITY of like-minded folks who want to share, discourse, laugh, cry, yell, weep, and debate. We’re starting Entropy. We love submissions. We love you. Lots of amazing folks already involved and too many more to list here. Don’t blink, take deep breaths, swim in lava, run across hurricanes, devour whales using toothpicks. Literary chaos unleashed.

There is an entire tab devoted to Games, which includes both electronic and physical games, so if you are a Game Designer or Publisher and want to see your game reviewed/mentioned on the site, drop me a geekmail or contact me at byron [at] entropymag [dot] org. If you are a Writer who is interested in submitting a review, interview, stream-of-consciousness ramble or other content, contact me using either of the above methods. We ask for exclusive world rights for a period of two weeks, after which you are free to repost (with attribution) on your own site or here at BGG.

For more about Entropy submission guidelines, or to check out the magazine, click on the highlighted links. Hope to see you around!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Thanks, looks interesting!

Though you might want to give a heads up to the web developer--none of the links appeared for me until I moused over them. When I loaded the page I thought I was looking at a caption-less art gallery. (Chrome, Windows 7)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ElAdoranSureshot wrote:
Thanks, looks interesting!

Though you might want to give a heads up to the web developer--none of the links appeared for me until I moused over them. When I loaded the page I thought I was looking at a caption-less art gallery. (Chrome, Windows 7)

I will definitely mention that, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Remuneration?

S.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Jones

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Byron - Even though I am a newbie user I will check it out!

Thanks for posting the link - I always love reading about new Sci-Fi and stuff!

Jeff

(Newb to the boards but not newb gamer!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sagrilarus wrote:

Remuneration?

S.

Good question. At this time, this is an entirely not-for-profit endeavor, and we can't offer any remuneration aside from the spiritual benefits of being part of the community. If we do begin receiving a stream of review copies of games, we would be able to send those out to potential reviewers, and we currently have review copies of books available for those interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, didn't mean to imply that there's anything wrong with New Users! I was one myself relatively recently.

One thing that I failed to mention at first is that I'm particularly interested in covering small or independent publishers who are doing things via platforms like Kickstarter. I am perfectly happy to preview games as well, although I do not do video reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Jones

Orlando
Florida
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kittenhoarder,

No worries - I am extremely happy to have found this site. I think I will be purchasing some games through these fantastic players!

ps: Love the nickname!

I may someday come up with a board name. Last convention I was asked many times "Whats your forum name?" Then I had to lamely reply uhhh Jeff. :so blue:

LOL

Take care! And keep rolling crits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Man thinks, the river flows.
United States
Riva
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
covering small or independent publishers who are doing things via platforms like Kickstarter.

It appears it's time to officially change our hobby's name from "boardgaming" to "Kickstarting".

I write more analysis oriented articles, so I may not be the best fit. I'll keep an eye out for your issues as a reader though. Best of luck.

S.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Etkin
United States
Gloversville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
biddi biddi biddi
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Byron -

I know it's a bit early in the process for you guys, but have you considered subdividing the "games" section into at least an "analog" and "digital" silo?

I like video games, but I consider them to be a completely different animal from table-top gaming, and if/when your content gets to be rather substantial, having to manually wade through video game reviews versus tabletop reviews would keep me away from that game tab altogether.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MOTHDevil wrote:

I know it's a bit early in the process for you guys, but have you considered subdividing the "games" section into at least an "analog" and "digital" silo?

I will run that by the person in charge of site design. I know that board games versus video games have their own sub-categories when publishing the article, so at the very least you can click on that to narrow it down (the categories are shown on the right underneath the title of the article).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.