Subject: Still no updates? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing new? Was hoping for another preview or update on shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
From Gama Trade show

Its not much, but its better than nothing.

Looks sweet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mxrk
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
*sigh* I'm gonna have so much fun betraying my friends...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Mahieu
Belgium
Rhode-Saint-Genèse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any scheduled release date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex W8er
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poifpoif wrote:

Nope, there's still nothing.

Somewhere I read that Colby mentioned if everything goes smooth, it will come out in late April. Otherwise it's going to be released in May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PatientNo742 wrote:
poifpoif wrote:

Nope, there's still nothing.

Somewhere I read that Colby mentioned if everything goes smooth, it will come out in late April. Otherwise it's going to be released in May.

It will not be released in April. Just won't happen. They are still showing off the home-made demo prototype.

Just look at the facts. It took two months from the day first final-production pictures of Mice & Mystics appeared until the day it was shipped to customers.

Mice and Mystics also had a lot of product previews at that time. This is not the case with Dead of Winter. If they would release prodution pictures of the game today, it is highly unlikely that we would see the game shipped to customers before May 21.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
:(

Should have called it Dead of Summer! :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
:(

Should have called it Dead of Summer! :)

We could have made the Zombie and Survivor Standees scratch and sniff, think how good sweaty survivors and putrid flesh would smell in the summer!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's April, with no previews, no new information whatsoever. This game is insanely delayed, just that no one is saying anything :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
It's April, with no previews, no new information whatsoever. This game is insanely delayed, just that no one is saying anything :/

To paraphrase Colby from another thread, this is why PHG doesn't give exact street dates, because delays happen. When he announced it, he said 2-5 months. If things go well, we may see it before the end of April, but it should not be considered "insanely delayed" until after the period he quoted has run out, and then some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jgilmour wrote:
Slashdoctor wrote:

To paraphrase Colby from another thread, this is why PHG doesn't give exact street dates, because delays happen. When he announced it, he said 2-5 months. If things go well, we may see it before the end of April, but it should not be considered "insanely delayed" until after the period he quoted has run out, and then some.

As for the 2-5 months, this was stated when the preorder became available. This was in the beginning of December. If April runs out, we're outside the 5 month window. It took two months from the first print-copy previews of Mice and Mystics until it was shipped to customers. Right now we're looking at June.

I'm just looking at what we have, I'm just surprised that Plaid Hat Games has given no previews whatsoever for almost two months.

I love the company, I just didn't expect this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In their latest podcast, they talk about having a hard printing proof by now, but are looking at May for delivery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:

I love the company, I just didn't expect this.

I know we're all impatient, but you're already complaining that the game might come out late? And you "didn't expect" something like this to happen? Have you never preordered anything before? In my experience it's relatively rare for a game to come out precisely on schedule.

How about this: wait until May to start complaining. Then, once you've gotten used to the idea that it's pretty common for games to be delayed, you can start expecting these sorts of things to happen more often. It will save you much disappointment in the future. Then, if the delay takes an additional 3, 4, 5 months, we'll all join you in communal outrage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hallett
United Kingdom
Brixham
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're impatient by nature its probably best not to preorder anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets try to keep this thread from getting negative. It's not like we are out of food, morale is low, and Kristo is the only one who's put cards in for the Crisis so far, and I think he may be a traitor. Look at his hand size... He has to be holding onto the food we need...

On the up side. The hard proofs are definitely here as they said on the podcast, and everything looks awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall
United States
Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
BOOMER!
badge
SOONER!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't much care when the final product is delivered, whether it be 4 weeks or 4 months from now, but I can definitely appreciate the OP's concern.

DoW Coming Soon - 11/6/13
Preorder Starts - 12/3/13
Preview #1 - 12/9/13
Preview #2 - 12/18/13
Preview #3 - 12/23/13
Preview #4 - 1/27/14
Preview #5 - 2/4/14
Preview #6 - 2/12/14

So basically an update of some kind every week or two, but for the past 6 weeks ... nothing. Many who have pre-ordered the game, myself included, are really excited about it and it would be nice to get an update about how things are going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tsui
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
And considering that my credit card has been charged already...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall
United States
Midwest City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
BOOMER!
badge
SOONER!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sairanac wrote:
And considering that my credit card has been charged already...

I don't mind having been charged already. I would have paid for it at some point anyway and when preordering from Plaid Hat, you are all but guaranteed to get your game sooner than anybody else. Plus you don't have to keep watching for it to become available at your local or online retailer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm going to disagree here - pre-orders are a statement of intent, you shouldn't be charged at the time you put the order in, you should be charged at the point of despatch.

I pre-order a lot of stuff (video games mostly) from retailers here in the UK and they all exercise the same policy. The ones that don't, don't get the pre-orders, and are generally seen on bargain sites as 'a bit shady'.

I don't know if this is a UK vs US culture thing, and if paying at the point of order in the US is common or not.

However, in this case, I'm willing to take a risk, but I do it with the complete understanding of the risk that I take.

I'm not expecting Plaid Hat to disappear, and the product looks good, but people should do these things with their eyes open.

Finally, I do think that there is a valid point being made by Ben here - if a company has taken your money, there is a responsibility on them to keep you in the loop as to what's going on. Look at how some Kickstarter projects go south because of poor communication with the backers.

In my opinion - If you've paid, they have a responsibility to communicate with the customer, if not they can keep as quiet as they like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is correct, the moment they charge your credit card, you become a customer. In this case, a customer who was promised a product within 2-5 months (within January-April). E-shop preorders are not a Kickstarter.

That aside, I'm sure Plaid Hat Games will deliver. It is simply not acceptable to not update your customers on your order, especially now that April will not be the delivery date while it was supposed to be according to 2-5 month promise on the charged preorder..

We are six weeks without any news here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
This is correct, the moment they charge your credit card, you become a customer. In this case, a customer who was promised a product within 2-5 months (within January-April). E-shop preorders are not a Kickstarter.

That aside, I'm sure Plaid Hat Games will deliver. It is simply not acceptable to not update your customers on your order, especially now that April will not be the delivery date while it was supposed to be according to 2-5 month promise on the charged preorder..

We are six weeks without any news here.

Really?

You must be kidding yourself.

I have preordered through CSI many times and have waited many months for games way past there estimated release. I think Bora Bora was about 6 months late. Did I get on the forums and complain about CSI? No. I patiently waited for the game to arrive.

I'm sure if you think that this "delay" is unacceptable then ask for a refund, I'm sure Plaid Hat would be more than happy to give you one.

I'm not sure where there is a "2-5 month promise" anywhere on their website either. I'm pretty certain that is just an approximation.

You have not been lied to, you have not been deceived. You are creating your own expectations of what a company should do for you in which they never "promised" you anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What we have learned from this thread: who should not pre-order anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Serious Question - when you pre-order things via CSI, do they charge upfront or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlyFlash wrote:
Serious Question - when you pre-order things via CSI, do they charge upfront or not?

Yes, immediately after the order is placed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
EarlyFlash wrote:

That they do.

Cool Stuff Inc Preorder Policy wrote:

All pre-orders require full payment at the time the pre-order is placed. If the customer wishes to change or cancel their pre-order before shipment, we will refund the full amount paid. We reserve the right to cancel any orders for any reason at any time. If we need to cancel an order we will email the customer, but are under no obligation to obtain permission or acknowledgement, prior to cancellation.

And Miniature Market

Miniature Market FAQ wrote:

Preorders
Many times we offer products for sale before they are released by the manufacturer. If you purchase one of these items, payment is required at the time the order is placed. If there are other items on the order, we will not ship the entire order until the preorder product comes out. If an item says preorder in the title, it means the item is not yet available and we are taking advance orders. The quantity available and 'In Stock' notations displays the amount we have left based on our current order with the supplier.

Customers may add additional items to standing preorders as long as all the items go out on one shipment. This helps protect our stock integrity and prevents multiple shipping charges for both our company and the customer.

And Card Haus

Card Haus FAQ wrote:
When is an order with preorder items charged?

Orders with preorder items are charged the full amount at the time the order is placed. If you wish to cancel your preorder items before the order has shipped please contact us at sales@cardhaus.com

Those were the first ones that came to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.