Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When setting up the game, the six top/bottom sectors have a blue stripe on the top/bottom, so there is only one way each can be put in any given place -- three will be upside down, assuming asymmetric card backs. Can the two side sectors be placed in both directions (so there are 8 ways to place them instead of 2)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Green
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
That is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phelan
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rchandra wrote:
When setting up the game, the six top/bottom sectors have a blue stripe on the top/bottom, so there is only one way each can be put in any given place -- three will be upside down, assuming asymmetric card backs. Can the two side sectors be placed in both directions (so there are 8 ways to place them instead of 2)?
I'll need to check to be sure, but I think top and bottom are interchangeable, as are right and left, and the 4 corners.
So I'm not sure what you're asking.

Edit: I was misremembering. You are correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll have to change my setup procedure then .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Larson
United States
Spanish Fork
UT - Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a significant reason that the 8 side cards aren't completely interchangeable? Why the blue top and bottom at all? If we could place those 8 cards anywhere randomly, up or down, there would be 80640 possible layouts (as opposed to the mere 1448 that are possible now).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was mainly to do with the shape of the cards. If you try interchanging them you'll see the hexes don't line up. Believe me I wanted total interchanging!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.