Hide
8 Posts

Francis Drake» Forums » Rules

Subject: What setup x players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waste MaLife
msg tools
I must be silly...but the manual says that the store tiles are colour coded for player counts. ... But I can not find anywhere in the manual that says what these codes are. Can someone tell me please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three shades of blue (English) or yellow (German). Light and medium blue are difficult to tell apart, so use the light yellow vs. medium yellow to tell them apart, and then turn them over.

Light = 3, medium = 4, dark =5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another clue is the number of placement spaces. Most of the tiles have more spaces for the higher player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
So there is no icon? That is silly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Once you "tune in" to the subtle difference between light and medium blue it's actually a reasonable way of differentiating. It could have been easier but it's OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
Not if you're colour blind like me and they all look exactly the same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ottevaere Wouter
Belgium
Vosselaar
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the colourcodes are unreadible becaue of colour blindness, then simply look at the available spaces on the cards: the more spaces available, the more players it's used for. And it can help to look at the printed cards on the map: those are the cards and available spaces for a 4-player game. So the cards with more available spots are for a 5-player game, the cards with lesser spots are for a 3-player game. OK?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United States
Covington
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please see below, page 2 of the manual calls out which location tile color is used for each player count. I would agree that light blue and blue are very difficult to distinguish.

Also to make it easier for setup, I have stored all the German (gold banner) location tiles under the insert since I will never be using them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.