United States
Windermere
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not even opened the rule book.

I know nothing about the gameplay.

It could be the most wonderful expansion ever and I truly adore the game.

BUT WHY THE HELL DID ASMADI MAKE THE NEW REFERENCE CARDS AND RULES BOOK LARGER THEN THE OLD BOX?!?!?!?!?!

This is complete crap Asmadi!!!!!

The new piece do not fit into the old box?

Come on...........

You can do better then that guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith-Stoe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I love Innovation ... and I do love Innovation ... the inconsistencies (in both printings and rules revisions) from edition to edition and expansion to expansion are the number one complaint I've had and heard. My Figures cards are even slightly larger than my other cards.

Currently my rulebook for Figures is awkwardly bent, with the player boards tucked inside, and forced with reckless abandon into the tall first printing box that is housing the base set and first two expansions vertically.

Of course you realize this all part of the master plan to get us lining up for the 'deluxe big box' edition that will be coming out in 2016.

And keep in mind none of my above commentary will keep me from playing this awesome game system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Cali
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The bigger box holds the base game plus both expansions. The old box doesn't. Embrace the new!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Doughty
United States
California
flag msg tools
OVERTEXT HERE
badge
Funded by supporters like you!
mb
The difference in size is discussed here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Funniest part of all this is that Iello looked at Innovation with all its problems and DID THE EXACT SAME THING. You cannot mix and match the expansion with the base game, they have to be stored in separate boxes. Not only that, but the first expansion included just one player board that has updated references and information and other players have to play with the base game boards.

This game is cursed. A real shame, since I cannot go either Asmadi or Iello way if I want something that fits together well. Of course Iello hasn't even gotten around to releasing Figures expansion to Innovation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Skov
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really see the problem here? Sure, the reference cards are bigger than the old ones, but since you don't use them together, and everything fits in the new box, why does that matter?
The cards being different sizes is problematic, but since they are never shuffled together in a deck it seems to me a minor annoyance, not one that warrants 18 pt. bold capital letters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks
mbmbmbmbmb
But everything DOESN'T fit in the new box. The depth is barely enough to accommodate a stack of cards. With the player mats and rules thrown in, it's just not tall enough.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.