Arkham Horror» Forums » Variants

Subject: New Scenario - To Pierce the Veil rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
This is a scenario which changes the focus of the game slightly. I wanted to add an investigation aspect to the game that wasn't specific to a casebook. In this case, the Ancient One has managed to conceal its identity and the Cult that has sprung up around it is mutable, able to change the face it presents to the Investigators to keep them from learning the truth about their dread master.

The base files are here:
http://rapidshare.com/share/0EAE96C7B6A79985D1B3F4119F9655EB

The files with EX in the name include exported pictures to print out. The files with Eon in their name are of course Strange Eons base files.

Currently the are:
1 Scenario card
1 Ancient One
16 Investigation Cards (each with True Detective, Ethereal Wake and Stygian Ritual options, based on the Arkham Encounter template)
16 Worshippers Cards to give variability to the Cult
16 Stirs in Slumber Cards to give variability to the Nameless Horror's effect in Arkham
3 Sinister Plots for the Nameless Horror

The goal is to unmask the Nameless Horror to find out who it is you truly face. To prioritize this, its almost impossible to win the game by closing gates without identifying who it is you are attempting to seal away, and if the Nameless Horror awakes without being identified its very, very difficult to defeat. On the plus side Clues aren't destroyed by Gates for this scenario - the nature of the gates is one of the clues.

You can attempt to find out who the Nameless Horror is in one of three ways. Detective work penetrating the Cult, searching for signs of its passage in the Other Worlds, or attempting mystical rituals to rend the veil. All are dangerous, but can also have some pretty interesting unintended consequences.

Here are some sample cards:

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/e974iuj]
]

One note - I need to adjust the Worshippers cards so they have the correct back. Currently there is a backing template that you can use (check the Worshippers Deck Eon file) but I made a mistake and put the fronts on a template that didn't have a back option. I'll address that shortly.

The scenario can be played just with the base game, but if you do so change all references to Injury cards to 'Lose 2 stamina' and Madness cards to 'Lose 2 sanity.'

This is definitely in Alpha, with only 1 play through so far, but the mechanics should work. Feedback appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Busby
United Kingdom
Southampton
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I clicked on the rapidshare link, but there was nothing there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
Sorry Jacob, Rapidshare is being pretty spammy. When I go through I get a 'Warning to Customers' popup, then you need to hit OK on that. Then a main screen. There you need to hit the 'to download.'

THEN it takes you to another popup in another tab. If you click back on the Rapidshare tab you should see the files.

All of that is far more craptastic then my usual experience with them, so I'll look for a new file sharing service.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
At this point it seems easier just to post the images up for download on this site. If anyone wants the .eon files just let me know.

I'll post as I have time. Here's the investigation cards:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
And the Worshippers cards, to add that little special extra something to your Cultists:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
And the Slumber cards, to see what evil emanates from the sleeping horror...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
And finally, if the Investigators can't reveal the big bad before the end of the game, they have one last chance during the Final Battle:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Meador

Gainesville
Virginia
msg tools
Added two new monsters, the Faceless One and the Mob. The Mob is referenced in one of the investigation cards.

The Faceless One uses a trait created by the Corinthian for his wonderful Doors of Saturn expansion, Unnameable. The rules for that are on the counter.

More as I have time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.