Hide
7 Posts

Francis Drake» Forums » Rules

Subject: Limit to ship markers on a space? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Waste MaLife
msg tools
Say the space has 2 spots for 2 discs... Some have 3. Is that a limit to how many ships can dock there? Like in a 5 player game can you have 5 ship discs stack at a single location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, then you work out which ones win the prize(s) when you 'resolve' that location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
Thanks that makes sense to me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan White
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify this, every player could conceivably put their mission discs at a site, even if there were only two spots. However, they are resolved using the numbers on the discs, i.e who sailed their first, second, etc (ties resolved by sailing order). So if the first two players were unsuccessful in their attack, the remaining players could still have a chance to attack and possibly take the reward.

To summarize, it is possible for there to be more players docked at a location than spaces available. See page 8-9 of the rules for more details. Hope that helps you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
note, an often overlooked rule, a single player cannot put more than one mission disc per location. This matters in particular if someone ends up with just one supply barrel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waste MaLife
msg tools
i meant the voyage spaces on the world map

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hawes
United States
Prospect
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The comments above, were in relation to the Map of the Caribbean (World Map as you called it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.