Popular Tags: [View All]
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do most people just randomly pick. I have only played a few times. Today I played solo with Prince, Seer, Priest and Scholar. There just wasn't anyone really good at fighting and I just got overrrun

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Cook
United States
Denton
Texas
flag msg tools
*beep*
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since there are a ton of unique and interesting characters (especially after the expansions), we usually just pick who we want to play with just to try them out. Also as you mentioned it is going to be pretty hard if you don't have characters both good at fighting and searching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asen Aleksandrov
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
thor0298 wrote:
Do most people just randomly pick. I have only played a few times. Today I played solo with Prince, Seer, Priest and Scholar. There just wasn't anyone really good at fighting and I just got overrrun

After a few games (or after you read all the power cards), you will get a very good idea of what each hero's role is. Then you should be able to build your team very efficiently, with 1-2 fighter heroes, 1 search support hero, and 1-2 general support heroes, and you will immediately notice how smoothly things work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Lennert
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I play all random. If my party isn't good at fighting, I aim for a ritual victory. Most heroes can become good at fighting if they draw the right powers, though.

thor0298 wrote:
Today I played solo with Prince, Seer, Priest and Scholar. There just wasn't anyone really good at fighting and I just got overrrun

That actually sounds like a strong party to me, though I'd say the Prince and Priest are a bit tricky to use well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Chick
United States
Tujunga
California
flag msg tools
badge
Like Jeremy, I'm random all the way! Part of the unique charm of this game is making do with whatever four characters you draw. Your choice of starting skills can always help you here.

-Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.