Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Came across this in the unofficial FAQ.

"The majority of buffs played by heroes only apply to cards played as actions not reactions. For instance, if you chose to play a card as a reaction you would not get the benefit of any bonuses that may be on cards played by your fellow heroes (additional dice, reduced target numbers etc.)"

Trying to learn this game is only raising more questions. Where in the rule book is this discussed? That should big red text in the card descriptions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:

"The majority of buffs played by heroes only apply to cards played as actions not reactions. For instance, if you chose to play a card as a reaction you would not get the benefit of any bonuses that may be on cards played by your fellow heroes (additional dice, reduced target numbers etc.)"

Trying to learn this game is only raising more questions. Where in the rule book is this discussed? That should big red text in the card descriptions.

I think this is clearly explained on the buff cards themselves. For example, the Acolyte's Feet of the Saints, Righteous Fury, and Stand Fast cards each specifically refer to "Hero attack Actions" so I don't think this is too ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Captain Stupendous wrote:
MrGurbic wrote:

I think this is clearly explained on the buff cards themselves. For example, the Acolyte's Feet of the Saints, Righteous Fury, and Stand Fast cards each specifically refer to "Hero attack Actions" so I don't think this is too ambiguous.

No, it's very ambiguous

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:
Captain Stupendous wrote:
MrGurbic wrote:

No, it's very ambiguous

How is Righteous Fury ambiguous? It says "Hero attack Actions do +1 damage." The keyword Action is even capitalized. The rulebook is very good at emphasizing the difference between Action cards and Reaction cards. Just remember that Reactions are not Actions, and vice versa, and follow what the card says. I'm not saying that the rules as a whole are super clear; yes there's some ambiguities but I don't see this as one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I see it but it's very subtle. There should definitely be a note or reminder in the card description section of the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:
I see it but it's very subtle. There should definitely be a note or reminder in the card description section of the rule book.

Fair enough. It was clear to me because this issue was specifically addressed in the gameplay narrative file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian St. Pierre
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help. Going to check that out now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrGurbic wrote:
Thanks for the help. Going to check that out now.

No problem! Just as a warning, I remember people saying that at one point there were some rules errors in that file, but I believe it may have been updated since then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Shotton
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is being updated this weekend.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cordz
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Brian; this game looks awesome but the current ruleset definitely needs some work. The Hero Class descriptions are particularly problematic. The Brigand's description leaves much to be desired regarding exactly how Shadows bonuses work, when shadows are broken (before or after an entire optional combo chain is completed?). Also, the section Playing the Apprentice refers to "Chain Lightning," "Arcane Nova," "Molten Flare", and "Arcane Shield" and "Shield of the Ancients", none of which are actually included in the Hero deck! I realize that the names for these cards have simply changed and was able to figure out what cards they referred to relatively easy, but it's still a pretty significant oversight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.