Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Shelley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

First time posting but I've lurked for a long time and have recently picked up Terra Mystica thanks to the high praise it gets here on BGG, on our first play through we had some problems with the priests and cult track rules and I could do with some help.

1) Does every player start with 7 usable priests?

2) Does supply mean usable resource pool? or are the priests only usable when they are on your faction board?

3) When moving a priest to a cult track and removing it instantly to just move up 1 space on that track where does the priest go? the rules say supply but we realised this can be abused if you are the last player remaining as you just continue to re-use this action to move to the top of each track. I feel like we are reading / understanding this very wrong and need some help.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You don't start with any priests. Each player has their own supply of their 7 priests. When you gain one, you move it to your board. When doing the 1-point cult track move, the priest goes back into the supply, not your board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Everyone starts with their 7 priests in their personal supply, they are not usable until you earn them. Via bonuses/temples, etc.

2)Your supply is exactly that, it is a supply of items that can be used after taking certain actions, they are not immediately available for usage.

3)The priest used for only 1 bump on the cult track is brought back to your personal supply, not usable until you earn that priest back.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Shelley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks this really helps!

What confused us is that they start next to your board so felt like a starting resource when actually they aren't usable right away. Our first play through was a bit of a mess but that's what the first play through setup is meant for I suppose! looking forward to game 2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bjørnar Løseth
Norway
Bergen
Hordaland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually play with the priests supply mixed in with the coins and workers. That way it's easier to know which ones are "useable".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.