Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a copy of Alien Frontiers (4th edition) and Factions from Amazon this past week, but was disappointed to discover I was sent a 1st edition copy of Factions. I expected them to be 100% compatible as they both appeared to be new stock from Clever Mojo Games. In all fairness they should have clearly indicated the edition being sold and warned that the bits don't match the current version of the base game. I’ve contacted Game Salute to see if they are willing to replace the bits before I ship it back to Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, we'll happily do so. I'll have the Service Team find your message ASAP and we'll get the bits out to you.

Hope you enjoy playing the game!

Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
What are the compatibility problems here? I have a 2nd or 3rd edition of the game and a 1st edition Factions - will I have issues with new product?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 4th edition has the upgraded plastic domes rather than wood bits found in the 1st edition of Factions, and I believe there may be some color differences in the cards. The expansion is therefore functional but the different style bits are an irritation for someone who is a completionist. I prefer to have everything matching especially if I'm paying full MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Parker
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue: ordered Factions from Amazon and received the wooden Purple colonies which don't match the plastic ones I received with Alien Frontiers (4th ed) I just bought in a brick-and-mortar store.

What is the contact information for Game Salute?

Cheers,
Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Parker
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received an email from Game Salute and they are asking me to send them $10 via Paypal. This seems ridiculous given the $85 I paid at retail and the $42 I spent on the Factions and Faction Pack #1 expansions. Extremely unhappy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scottsicles wrote:
I just received an email from Game Salute and they are asking me to send them $10 via Paypal. This seems ridiculous given the $85 I paid at retail and the $42 I spent on the Factions and Faction Pack #1 expansions. Extremely unhappy.

You're really that upset? I mean, you bought it through amazon, so you took a chance that it was the first edition right? Really no reason to be mad at Game Salute IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Zimmerman
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Salute came through! I just received the new edition of Factions to replace the first edition I purchased from Amazon. I'm feeling particularly fortunate as both websites (Amazon and Game Salute) still only show the first edition. Now I just need to get it to the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.