Quantum» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Curious rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Jones
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Curious states that you get an extra move action per turn and cannot attack with this move. The rules change says that you get this extra move as long as you haven't attacked any player in your turn.

My question is such: Can you take your extra move before completing all of your actions? The situation arose that a player was two moves away from constructing on a planet. Can they use one action as a move, and then use their extra move action, and then construct with their remaining two actions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds valid to me. (Provided of course that no other rules were violated; e.g. the same ship could not have been moved twice)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arturo Cavari
Italy
Bolonga
FI
flag msg tools
Maybe on earth...
badge
...maybe in the future
mbmbmbmbmb
That seems correct to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Were you just curious?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that's correct, same situation came up in a game yesterday, and we played it like the OP.

But I have just realised we used it to move a ship twice, just reading the FAQ now, which says you can't. Oops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
The change isn't exactly specific either. It could mean two things:

- you get extra move action, but you cannot attack at all during your whole turn
- you get extra move action, if you haven't attacked YET during your turn.

The latter would simply mean, that you can declare your first action as extra move action and just move. You haven't attacked any player before taking it, so it's valid. You can still use remaining 3 actions to attack.

I would imagine that Eric meant the first case, but it would be good to finally get that long overdue FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
The change isn't exactly specific either. It could mean two things:

- you get extra move action, but you cannot attack at all during your whole turn
- you get extra move action, if you haven't attacked YET during your turn.

The latter would simply mean, that you can declare your first action as extra move action and just move. You haven't attacked any player before taking it, so it's valid. You can still use remaining 3 actions to attack.

I would imagine that Eric meant the first case, but it would be good to finally get that long overdue FAQ.

It would be the first. The second one is invalid as the change says "your entire turn"

Though it would be nice to clarify if I can just declare that I won't attack anyone during my turn and get the extra move action already. Then the OP's plan would work. We have played it as you get the extra move action as you complete your third action as it guarantees no attack will be done.

So a clarification would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ljazz m
msg tools
This came up for me last night as well and we played it where you only get the extra move action after your initial 3 actions have been completed. Would love a clarification on this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrey Losev
United States
Dublin
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
As I understand there's no imperative to take the actions (including bonus action) in any order. So for example you can construct a cube then move your ships.

I would say, first declare, "I'm not going to attack" then use your free move + 3 regular actions. There's no obligation for the free move action to be last in order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.