Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think Again!

MFG: Le Scorpion Masque/iello
#of Players: 3 -10
Age Range: 10+

Overall Construction: So this has a very interesting construction. It is a trivia game disguised as a card game. The interesting thing is that the cards are completely square instead of rectangular and the rules are on the same square cards. I thought because of their size that the cards would be difficult to shuffle but they were not. Like a with a deck of cards Think Again's box isn't much bigger than the cards and it has a magnetic closure to keep it's seal.

Gameplay: I hate to say this but the game is really simple and fun to play so this will be a short review. Basically, you have a deck of 50 cards with 6 questions on each card. When there is a specific correct answer then it is listed in Green under the question. There are some questions like “What is the name of the player to my right?” that doesn't have an answer because it depends on who is next to the player reading the card.

The Cool thing is that is some cases you don't even have to know the correct answer to the question, because Think Again! Has an interesting twist. When the first player gets to read a question they also reveal the top of the next card. On the top of the next card will be one of 6 things: The words “Right” or “Wrong”, a Green Circle or a Red Square, & the last set is a “Genius” or a “Dunce”.

Depending on the symbol on the card determines whether or not you have to give a correct answer or not. “Right”, The Green Circle, & The Genius are the things you see if you have to answer questions correctly. “Wrong”, Red Square, & The Dunce are the things you see if you have to give a wrong answer. The person reading the question gets to choose which of the 6 questions they want to read. Whomever gets the question correct gets the card or point or however you want to score it.

In individual play all players will read 5 cards. There is a group mode that plays 3 rounds and scores differently but I'll let you read those rules yourself.

Yes/No Recommend: Yes, most certainly do I recommend this game. There are several reasons too. First, this is a quick and easy game for small & large groups of friends that can be played everywhere.

Secondly, it makes you think. You don't know how hard it is to deliberately give the “Wrong” answer when that option is presented. Even though the rules had been fully explained as well as the symbols on the cards we still had people trying to blurt out the correct which in those cases was the wrong answer.

Next, the game is family friendly and teach simple facts.

Lastly, Le Scorpion Masque has a program where they pay for the replacement of any trees cut down to manufacture this game.

The only thing I wish they had added, but you the consumer can get from a party or dollar store, is a fan or paddle system/set so there wouldn't be so much arguing over who called out the answer first. But, companies have to keep prices down where they can.

Where To Get It: Think Again! Is distributed in the United States by Iello(Yello). It can be purchased at your local game or hobby shop. If they don't have a copy on hand they can order you one. I have not seen this in any Big Box store but you may be able to order it online or at least get more information about this and other Le Scorpion Masque games at their website @ http://www.scorpionmasque.com/en/thinkagain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.