Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game once at ConnCon and it was very fun. I am now awaiting my copy in the mail.

I just need help with the theme of the commodity areas.

Why if there is little knowledge does allegiance advance?

Why if there is more (medium) knowledge does knowledge decline?

Why if there is even greater knowledge, knowledge increase and you get extra resources?

The last one is the only one that makes sense to me. If there are a lot of "knowledgeable" workers in an area they may talk, and thus increase your general knowledge, and that knowledge will help gather more efficiently. Other than that I got nothing.

-One Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the first and third are easy-

When there is very little knowledge, allegiance increases as people blindly follow their leaders.

When there is very high knowledge, it increases productivity and knowledge tends to compound itself, creating the desire for and creation of new knowledge.

If I were to hazard a thematic description of the middle state, I'd say the people are working hard enough to produce but are stagnant and unable to better themselves, so knowledge dwindles.

IMHO, of course - I'm just some idiot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua is right on the first one, and someone right on the last one. For the last level, your knowledge goes up because you have so many workers working together and gossiping (but because there are more workers, they also produce more commodities).

Actually, Joshua got the second one right too! Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua R
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
GO TO JAPAN!
badge
Artist: Shohei Otomo
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Joshua is right on the first one, and someone right on the last one. For the last level, your knowledge goes up because you have so many workers working together and gossiping (but because there are more workers, they also produce more commodities).

Actually, Joshua got the second one right too! Well done.

Woohoo! That's the sign of a well-implemented theme, I think. If I can just make something up and it even comes close to the designer's intent... We do enjoy some storytelling while we play Euphoria for this very reason.

Thanks, Jamey - great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joshua! I like it when games tell stories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As do I. I had a ton of fun with this one. Keeping my workers fat dumb and happy was a riot. One player had Pete the Cannibal and we all took great pleasure (perhaps too much) every time he served up worker a la mode.

-One Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.