David Tinney
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
::Begin Transmission

As a duly representative of the Earth and the Federation, let me be the first to inform the WizKids Corporation of our intentions regarding the Dominion Expansion...

The only response we will acknowledge is, " Thank you very much for your cooperation loyal citizens of Earth. Also let us take the time to say we will be producing the Star Trek Fleet Captains: The Borg Expansion with the next 1.5 years. It will become the grail game of every trekkie imaginable."

Anything less and we will respond as such, "We are the trekkies. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. Your biological and technological distinctiveness will be added to our own. your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile. We will have the Borg Expansion."

Capitalism will win the day Wizkids. Think hard on your response.

Earth out.

::End Transmission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you please design the next box bigger and with 2 inlays and one to take out where you can put in all your cards with sleeves put into some ultra pro boxes?

Also, can you supply sleeves for your hexagon tiles ;-)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mayer
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I laminated my tiles and they came out perfect. Little work cutting, but then they are much more stable and spillproof!

ionas wrote:
Could you please design the next box bigger and with 2 inlays and one to take out where you can put in all your cards with sleeves put into some ultra pro boxes?

Also, can you supply sleeves for your hexagon tiles ;-)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agree that laminating helps alot.

Also, is there such a thing as a sleeve for a hexagon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Palmer
United States
Fenton
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snaggle4th wrote:
Agree that laminating helps alot.

Also, is there such a thing as a sleeve for a hexagon?

Nope. If I remember correctly, Mayday Games looked into it for this game, and found out it would be very costly. Additionally they wouldn't be that great because 2 of the six sides would have to be open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree... and STFC is one of the few product lines that I would not complain about a major company using Kickstarter to develop an expansion, because I'd pull out whatever credit card I could find and tell the wife "sorry, this is a must have item."

At least we have BGG fan made cards and micromachines/heroclix/attack wing to fill out our own custom fleets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you take them someplace to laminate or do you have some sort of home laminating machine? If the latter any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found one with not too much effort on Kijiji for $30. It's a Fellowes similar to this model. I don't have anything to compare it too, but it works great for my occasional laminating jobs.

My main recommendation would be to definitely err on the side of a heavier plastic laminating pouches. I skimped at first and the pouches would split too easily. I'm pretty sure I settled on 5 mil (whatever that unit means), which works a lot better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I appreciate your reply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kert Masters
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:
Did you take them someplace to laminate or do you have some sort of home laminating machine? If the latter any recommendations?

I took mine to Office Depot and was charged around $25 for all hexes including the Romulan expansion. I don't plan on laminating anything else in the future so it was worth it for me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Honeycutt
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
t3stsubject wrote:
venrondua wrote:

I took mine to Office Depot and was charged around $25 for all hexes including the Romulan expansion. I don't plan on laminating anything else in the future so it was worth it for me

Now that your hexes are laminated, how do they fit in the box? I am curious as to how you store them after you got them laminated. If you could post a pic of one of them, I'd greatly appreciate that as well.

Dallas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.