Popular Tags: [View All]
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

1. I was wondering when you lower the exchange rate for spades. it costs 2 workers 5 coins and 1 priest.

is the priest out of the game? or back into your supply so that you may get them back again on your board later on.

2. You have the option of using a priest on a cult track and bringing them back to the supply for 1 advancement on the cult track. If all 4 spots of a certain track are taken can you still do that? I would think not cause it doesnt make any sense theme wise.

thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Meighan
United States
Manahawkin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. When you "spend" a priest it goes to your supply, but note it is not available to you to spend again until you earn it.

2. You can spend a priest on the cult track in two different ways. By placing it on one of the four spaces you move up the track the indicated number, and the priest is locked there. Alternatively you can spend a priest to just move one step up the track (and it goes back to your supply to be earned later)

So if all 4 spots are taken you are left with only the option of spending a priest to advance one space. (And this is allowed)

-One Wolf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) That priest goes back into your supply

2) The option to gain 1 on the Cult track is always available, even if the other spots are full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
One_Wolf wrote:
Alternatively you can spend a priest to just move one step up the track (and it goes back to your supply to be earned later)

Are you sure about getting it back. I have been playing it wrong all of this time, if so. I thought that when advancing one on the cult track, after the other spots are full, it would just "sit" under the board.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. It is in the rules. That will teach me to let other people teach me the game. Nice to learn, and thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Goch
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jondigman wrote:
One_Wolf wrote:
Alternatively you can spend a priest to just move one step up the track (and it goes back to your supply to be earned later)

Are you sure about getting it back. I have been playing it wrong all of this time, if so. I thought that when advancing one on the cult track, after the other spots are full, it would just "sit" under the board.

Thanks.

p13

Quote:
If you do not want to lose a Priest, alternatively, return him to your
supply (next to your Faction board) and only advance 1 space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nezrul wrote:
2. You have the option of using a priest on a cult track and bringing them back to the supply for 1 advancement on the cult track. If all 4 spots of a certain track are taken can you still do that? I would think not cause it doesnt make any sense theme wise.

I think the theme works just fine. The way I see it, the slots below each track are for spaces at some central temple - you can send a priest to spend the rest of his life there praying. If you don't want to commit the priest permanently, you can get him to just spend some time praying at a local shrine for a lesser boost, but one which doesn't require one of the limited places at the central temple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Veehyvez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks for the info, so when you use a priest to upgrade your terraforming or shipping, I guess the priest goes back to your supply as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helge Ostertag
Germany
Hofheim
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.