Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Schmidt
United States
VANCOUVER
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
After playing a bunch of store championships lately, I wanted to step back from building competitive lists and build some more themed squads to play with.

So, using Wookiepedia I started seeing which pilots would have flown together. Here's the list I came up with, please add to it whatever I missed:

Red Squadron (Yavin) - Garven, Wedge, Biggs, Luke w/ R2-D2, (Porkins w/ R5-D8), Red Squadron Pilot
Red Squadron (Endor) - Wedge, (Hobbie), (Janson), Red Squadron Pilot
Gold Squadron (Yavin) - Dutch, Gold Squadron Pilot
Gold Squadron (Endor) - Lando w/ Nien Numb, Gold Squadron Pilot
Gray Squadron - Horton Salm, Gray Squadron Pilot
Green Squadron - Arvel, Tycho, (Jake Ferrel), Green Squadron Pilot
Blue Squadron - Ten Numb, Ibtisam, (Keyan Farlander), Blue Squadron Pilot

Black Squadron (Yavin) - Vader, Mauler Mithel, Backstabber, Dark Curse, Black Squadron Pilot
Black Squadron (post-Yavin) - Colonel Jendon w/ Vader and ST-321, Black Squadron Pilot
Obsidian Squadron - Howlrunner, Night Beast, Winged Gundark, Obsidian Squadron Pilot
Saber Squadron - Fel, Turr, Fel's Wrath, Lorrir, Tetran Cowall, Saber Squadron Pilot
Royal Guard - Carnor Jax, Kir Kanos, Captain Kagi, Royal Guard Pilot
Scimitar Squadron - Ryhmer, Jonus, Scimitar Squadron Pilot

The only ships I can't figure out to fit in are the HWK and Firespray. What did I miss? I included a couple of droids and crew, but are there other important upgrades?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim East
Australia
flag msg tools
If you really want themed squadrons, you'd better buy a bigger table and have 12-ship squadrons and have a true squadron.

As for the HWK and the Firespray, their pilots are mercenaries and never had much involvement in the major conflicts of the Civil War.

As for other upgrades, if you're having a Yavin Red Squadron, you cannot take Luke without any proton torpedoes. Gotta make that shot. Or Garven for that matter. So he can miss. Again.

Same goes for Lando at Endor. He'll need missiles and the Millenium Falcon title. Endor Wedge will need some torpedoes too for the power regulator on the north tower.

Your Royal Guard squadron will need a few Royal TIE titles and some suitable upgrades.

Looks good for a fluff-filled theme night on the table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Moss
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
And for Yavin you've surely got to throw Han with Chewie onto the table late in the game, with Opportunist or something.

How about Squad Leader for Garven and Vader at Yavin, and Lando at Endor?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moritz MacBenic
Germany
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You missed post-Yavin Rogue Squadron:
Luke, Wedge, Janson, Hobbie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
evil_wins Solo
Colombia
flag msg tools
mb
Han Captive

Bobba fett + Rebel Captive + Seismic charges + Slave 1 Title + proton torpedoes + concussion missiles + Ion Cannon.

You could add PtS for being more effective.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Schmidt
United States
VANCOUVER
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the feedback.

I will add in those suggestions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim East
Australia
flag msg tools
Another thought, you could have -the- Moldy Crow when the new Rebel Aces pack comes out. Have Jan fly the Crow and use the new Kyle crew card for the Crow (or vice versa depending on who you want to pilot, since Rebel Aces will come with Jan and Kyle as crew cards). Slap on a Blaster Turret and the Crow title and you have another fluffy mercenary for the Rebel side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.