• [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Stauffer
United States
Waxahachie
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh! CSI!!!!!!!!! My wife is going to KILL me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myhowdy wrote:
Ugh! CSI!!!!!!!!! My wife is going to KILL me!

Must resist urge! Wife would also kill me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dickie Z
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mb
really tempted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Yates
United States
Pekin
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tempted but not going to pull the trigger. This deal definitely won't last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Graffagnino
United States
Worthington
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gone. Whew - "saving" that $10 would have only gotten me in trouble.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timmo Flynno
United States
Croydon
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had it in my cart when there were only 2 left, but decided to let it go...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Dang
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thank goodness for waking up late to this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys missed out on nothing. It's by far the worse Feld I've played, with only Die Spiecherstadt within reach...

Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Croxall
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
www.profhacker.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn. This is one I would have totally done. That'll teach me to put off priorities like the Geek over less important things like breakfast and getting the kids off to school.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I placed an order when I saw what the daily deal was at midnight before going to bed. I knew it wouldn't last until I got up in the morning! This is just the kind of daily deal I was waiting for to complete an order for free shipping. Yay!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
geki wrote:
You guys missed out on nothing. It's by far the worse Feld I've played, with only Die Spiecherstadt within reach...

Geki

I think you confuse opinion with fact...

While I can see why some hardcore Feld fans might not enjoy Amerigo as much as other (such as Trajan, which is my favorite), it is definitely one of his more accessible titles, and my wife and gaming group seem to quite like it. Though I'm not saying our love for the game means it is a good game, I would advise people to give it a go if you like Feld, like the theme, and think you'll like it. It's worth the extra $10 at normal online store prices.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wswingley wrote:
geki wrote:

Geki

While I can see why some hardcore Feld fans might not enjoy Amerigo as much as other (such as Trajan, which is my favorite), it is definitely one of his more accessible titles, and my wife and gaming group seem to quite like it. Though I'm not saying our love for the game means it is a good game, I would advise people to give it a go if you like Feld, like the theme, and think you'll like it. It's worth the extra $10 at normal online store prices.

I am confused on what the "facts" would be in a matter of taste. I doubt anyone reading my post could ever think there was some kind of axiomatic truth in it...

I really am baffled by this kind of answer.

Geki
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed out. I emailed them late last night to have it added to an order, but by the time they got to the email (Noon EST!!) they were sold out.

Probably for the best, or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
wswingley wrote:
geki wrote:

Geki

Well, here is a second opinion that found Amerigo as just so-so at best. Wasn't bad, just wasn't something I would want on my game shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salamone
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Aggravating people worldwide since 1964
mbmbmbmbmb
This and the previous Daily Deal I was interested in were both sold out before I could place my order. Not sure if that's bad luck for me or for CSI.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already out of stock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
wswingley wrote:
geki wrote:

Geki

Well, here is a second opinion that found Amerigo as just so-so at best. Wasn't bad, just wasn't something I would want on my game shelves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
wswingley wrote:
geki wrote:

Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"

Carthage wrote:

wrongness

Mr_Nuts wrote:

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one made Rahdo's wife Jen's Top 10 List, so I'm going with that, very eager to play this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geki wrote:
You guys missed out on nothing. It's by far the worse Feld I've played, with only Die Spiecherstadt within reach... Geki

I think Speicherstadt is an underrated gem. YMMV, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geki
United States
Providence
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottNotSteve wrote:
geki wrote:
You guys missed out on nothing. It's by far the worse Feld I've played, with only Die Spiecherstadt within reach... Geki

I think Speicherstadt is an underrated gem. YMMV, I guess.

I must admit I only played it once, with 3p. And I heard it gets far better with 4. Also, the teacher (at a Con) could have messed up one rule.

No excuse for Amerigo, instead: my opinion about that one is more solidly based.

Geki

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce Journey
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Misterboy wrote:
I missed out. I emailed them late last night to have it added to an order, but by the time they got to the email (Noon EST!!) they were sold out.

Probably for the best, or at least that's what I'll keep telling myself.

Next time place a new order so you get a copy reserved. Then e-mail them to combine the two orders. That's what I did for this one because I had a hunch they would be gone before they got to my e-mail. I was right! But the always helpful CSI guys had no problem combining my two "pick-up" orders into a single order large enough for free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.