Popular Tags: [View All]
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

Which shock superiority table should I be using? There's the one printed on the card, one included the box with drastically different tables entitled "revised shock superiority chart" and yet another on the gmt site which is identical to the one printed on the original player aid. The one on the gmt site is from 8/06 while the revised one on the little card is 06/06. Just want to make sure which to use, though I'm leaning toward the former due to the later date. Thanks!

Art

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was not aware that there had been revisions. I have been using the chart on the player's aid card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Howe
United States
El Sobrante
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there was an insert in the 2006 re-issue with a different table. Alan Ray confirmed that this was the one to use on my Consimworld Cross-post.

For some reason it cannot be found on the GMT site. I'd be willing scan and post it to the files section if the powers that be are okay with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have the re-issue so I should be good. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Keeler
Germany
Mittelbrunn
Rhineland-Palatinate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
LC vs Cohorts?
I have the 2006 version, but I have a question about the shock superiority chart when LC attack Cohorts. My chart lists Vet Cohort as having no DS vs LC, but "hDS" for Rec Cohort vs LC. Is there something wrong here? a) what is "hDS"? b) If the "h" is a typo, why would Rec Cohorts be DS vs LC and not Vet Cohorts? and c) Why would Vet Cohorts be DS vs every cavalry other than LC? Should both Vet Cohort and Rec Cohort be DS vs LC with the same "missile no" caveat as cohorts defending against all other types of cavalry?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Hicks
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had not noticed that. I think you are correct. First of all, hDS is surely a typo. I see no explanation for that. Second, if both veteran and recruit cohorts are DS against RC and BC, they are surely that for LC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.