Subject: Setting up Ice Age card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be blind, but does the rules actually say what to do with the Ice Age card after drawing the initial 5 dominance cards for setup? . I don't see it mentioned anywhere else except to say to set it aside (along with the survival card). I would assume you shuffle it back into the dominance deck and wait for it to come back out (but what if it comes out like second round - seems lame even if the game doesn't end until someone takes it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Daniel
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ice Age is always the last dominance card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sthrjo wrote:
It is on the bottom of the draw pile. Game Setup, section G.

Thanks. Looks like I am blind afterall shake! Trying to speed read through several rulebooks right now for my gaming session tomorrow arrrh (Le Havre, Dominant Species, Dungeon Lords, Space Alert)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fatesadvent wrote:
sthrjo wrote:

Thanks. Looks like I am blind afterall shake! Trying to speed read through several rulebooks right now for my gaming session tomorrow arrrh (Le Havre, Dominant Species, Dungeon Lords, Space Alert)

If you're teaching/learning all those, it will be a long game day (~12-14 hours).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chally wrote:
Fatesadvent wrote:
sthrjo wrote:

If you're teaching/learning all those, it will be a long game day (~12-14 hours).

...Or more.

Great choices though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
chally wrote:
Fatesadvent wrote:
sthrjo wrote:

Sounds like a perfect day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*sheer envy*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Charles
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In your defense, the rules aren't written very well. At lest in the printing I have it seems that they took a very legalistic approach to the wording. The result is not unlike doing your taxes. Which is a shame, as it's a great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieSaxon wrote:
In your defense, the rules aren't written very well. At lest in the printing I have it seems that they took a very legalistic approach to the wording. The result is not unlike doing your taxes. Which is a shame, as it's a great game.
taxes. I laughed pretty hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristof Bodric
Serbia
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
badge
And the ranger's aim was deadly with the big iron on his hip...
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieSaxon wrote:
In your defense, the rules aren't written very well one of the best if not THE best-written rules around.

FTFY
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CharlieSaxon wrote:
In your defense, the rules aren't written very well.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.