United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I got the game (Z-Man edition), ordered the trait cards from the BGG store and I've begun sleeving. I'm using Fantasy Flight Green sleeves for the large cards and FF red for the small cards. They are a very tight fit but they do work.

So here is the question and it's a long one. There are a number of different promos, a released expansion for the game from a different publisher and there seems to be a lot of hit and miss posts about card sizes involving all of this. Seeing as the cards in the Z-Man edition are such a super tight fit in the card sleeves (They are suppose to be bridge sized cards but are several millimeters wider than standard bridge size causing the tight fit) what promos out there are compatible size wise with the Z-man edition and which ones are not i.e. have even wider cards that won't fit the FF sleeves. Slightly narrower is fine because once they are in the sleeves you won't see the difference if they're slightly narrower but wider won't fit at all since they are already a tight fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used...

FFG Green for all large cards in Z-man ed.
FFG Red for all small cards in Z-man ed AND Beast cards from BGG store.

I had FFG purple on hand when I purchased the game and the large cards fit great! Then I realized how much I liked the game and figured the Beagle expansion was in my near future so I put all large cards into FFG Green. NOW....ugh...Z-man is probably printing the expansion for NA. I would assume that they will match the card size with the current Z-man ed. and not the Portal ed.

I will find a use for FFG Greens, because if the expansion matches the base game card size I will be switching back to FFG Purple because they fit very nicely.

As for trait cards, I decided to not purchase them as I am a little nuts and couldn't see having 5 nice trait cards (BGG store) and 5 printed ones (Dice Tower promo).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the beast cards are no longer in the BGG store. They have the trait cards which from what I understand are not something most folks use in the game. I'll pick them up anyway just to be a completest.

Good to know though if I do manage to get the beast cards they will fit in the red FF sleeves.

I'm actually pretty hyped for this game because my wife is interested. There aren't many games she will play so you go for what you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.