Marc Nelson Jr.
United States
Cumberland
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just saw this on the Tabletop Day site:

Quote:
And you want to know what’s even more amazing than this incredible list of promotional items? There is a whole separate list of premium merchandise that you can get in the premium merch bundle. I’ll share the premium list in a separate post, but I’m going to put this image here to close out the post with a super teaser. Get ready to lose your mind!!

Felicia Day’s card from the upcoming Geeks Deck expansion to Smash Up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
marcnelsonjr wrote:
Just saw this on the Tabletop Day site:

Quote:
And you want to know what’s even more amazing than this incredible list of promotional items? There is a whole separate list of premium merchandise that you can get in the premium merch bundle. I’ll share the premium list in a separate post, but I’m going to put this image here to close out the post with a super teaser. Get ready to lose your mind!!

Felicia Day’s card from the upcoming Geeks Deck expansion to Smash Up!

Fixed

Will this geek deck be a promo? The fabled extra deck in the giant box? Will this box include those bigger base cards seen in tabletop? When will we Spaniards get any smashup? Time will tell...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oo. I want it. Now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
AW MAAAAAAAAN!!! I can't make it to Tabletop Day this year. D: I hope it's going to be in the new box, or something because I don't want to miss out on that deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
As excited as I am for that deck, I sincerely hope its thematic elements don't come at the cost of being overpowered. That card alone has way too many strong possibilities (send everyone to Ninja Dojo or Temple of Goju, high ground on an empty base and kill everything on the board) and I hope they rework it into an action or find some way to not make the rest of the deck as strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pere
Spain
La Nucia
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhatAChamp wrote:
As excited as I am for that deck, I sincerely hope its thematic elements don't come at the cost of being overpowered. That card alone has way too many strong possibilities (send everyone to Ninja Dojo or Temple of Goju, high ground on an empty base and kill everything on the board) and I hope they rework it into an action or find some way to not make the rest of the deck as strong.

Unless she's the top geek and all other geek minions are weaker. Then it would be pretty balanced...
But I don't think so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
senseless wrote:
WhatAChamp wrote:

Unless she's the top geek and all other geek minions are weaker. Then it would be pretty balanced...
But I don't think so.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. She is one of the main organizers of it, unless Wil Wheaton is more powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Zimmerman
msg tools
mb
RichNCrispy wrote:
senseless wrote:
WhatAChamp wrote:

But I don't think so.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. She is one of the main organizers of it, unless Wil Wheaton is more powerful.

Will Wheaton is a 'Leader Card' from 7 Wonders. I'm not sure what a Leader card is in 7 Wonders since I've only played the main game, but it might make sense for each of the major Table Top people to be in a different game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Spangler
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am underwhelmed.

Ninjas - fun to be. Steampunks - fun to be. Spies - fun to be.

Geeks? I already am a geek. Pretending to be one holds no excitement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mynameistopher wrote:

While playtesting it, I found that in gameplay terms, the Geek faction is lots of fun and has a different feel from any other faction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Barliman wrote:
mynameistopher wrote:

While playtesting it, I found that in gameplay terms, the Geek faction is lots of fun and has a different feel from any other faction.

Oooo... Any chance you could tell us anything about them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Spangler
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barliman wrote:
mynameistopher wrote:

That's cool. I will definitely keep an open mind. The power on this particular card seems very cool and has some interesting possibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RichNCrispy wrote:
Barliman wrote:

Oooo... Any chance you could tell us anything about them?

I won't tell any details, but I will say that often the Geeks have a meta feel to them, like you are looking at and interfering with the game from the outside, rather than struggling inside its world.

It's kind of like an experience I had in a LARP. I was Dudley Do-Right, one of the park police in WallyWorld, but I had been turned evil and was doing things that got me in trouble with the other park police. They had me cornered in a room that only had someone playing Steven Spielburg in it. I was desperate so I used my Deputize power on him, though I thought he couldn't help me. But he sighed, said "Cut! Take Five," and showed his card that made everyone else behave like they were actors playing their roles taking a break, so I had 5 minutes to wander away without being pursued.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this will be available to the masses or if it's a limited promo deck?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Hockey Mask wrote:
Does anyone know if this will be available to the masses or if it's a limited promo deck?

On the Smash Up Facebook page they wrote: Yes, it will be available to everyone soon! Fear not! (we weren't expecting G&S to promote this just yet, it's all good though! We'll have the full info on how to get it soon!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RichNCrispy wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:

On the Smash Up Facebook page they wrote: Yes, it will be available to everyone soon! Fear not! (we weren't expecting G&S to promote this just yet, it's all good though! We'll have the full info on how to get it soon!)

Awesome! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suzanna
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WANT!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N R
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... pass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John duBois
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw this on the Twitters: https://twitter.com/thegamesmith/status/451496148834848768

Looks like it's preorderable during Tabletop Day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Bennett
United States
Sturgeon Bay
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mb
you can get a sneak peek in the video as well about 2 min in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQpOOLYtY4

force of wil looks like a pretty powerful card and I just like the that a card is called rules lawyer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Ugh I'm a little concerned that they might have gone for theme over balance on this one.

Those cards they showed are all pretty strong so unless they happened to be showing a few of the best cards in the deck, it might end up being a novelty buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Vandenberg
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Jessiah wrote:
you can get a sneak peek in the video as well about 2 min in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQpOOLYtY4

force of wil looks like a pretty powerful card and I just like the that a card is called rules lawyer

Force of Wil seems a bit odd to regulate. If someone's in the middle of a big combo, you would have to interrupt them to play it since it would have to be played immediately after, right? You'd pretty much have to wait after every action to check to see if the Geeks player wanted to undo your action instead of just dropping your full combo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
Ugh I'm a little concerned that they might have gone for theme over balance on this one.

Those cards they showed are all pretty strong so unless they happened to be showing a few of the best cards in the deck, it might end up being a novelty buy.

In playtest it did not seem OP, and in fact had a lower than average win percentage. A couple of tweaks have been done since then, making it a little stronger, but I don't think it will upset the balance overall. Of course, some factions pair up with it better than others.

I do know that the intention is for it to be a valid, balanced faction, aimed at more experienced players, but meant to fit right in with the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI

---

We want to send a quick clarification for Smash Up players and TableTop Retail Stores.

As part of the TableTop Retailer Package each store will receive three coupons for a free copy of a new product. This special product (The Big Geeky Box) will include the Geek and Sundry Geeks deck. This product has not been solicited or announced yet. Each store will decide how they wish to use the coupons provided in the package. They have the option to wait until release and sell the product or use them as part of a special promotion or any other creative idea they can come up with.

Stores will be able to order additional copies from their distributor on release of this product in August of this year, as it will be a normally sold product. More info to come soon!

So the Geeks are coming and players will have access to these decks beyond the three coupons provided to each store in the TableTop Day package.

Don't stop geeking out and don't start freaking out. Everyone will have access to the GEEKS. Have fun at TableTop Day!

---
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Garcia
United States
Harlingen
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGTodd wrote:
FYI

---

We want to send a quick clarification for Smash Up players and TableTop Retail Stores.

As part of the TableTop Retailer Package each store will receive three coupons for a free copy of a new product. This special product (The Big Geeky Box) will include the Geek and Sundry Geeks deck. This product has not been solicited or announced yet. Each store will decide how they wish to use the coupons provided in the package. They have the option to wait until release and sell the product or use them as part of a special promotion or any other creative idea they can come up with.

Stores will be able to order additional copies from their distributor on release of this product in August of this year, as it will be a normally sold product. More info to come soon!

So the Geeks are coming and players will have access to these decks beyond the three coupons provided to each store in the TableTop Day package.

Don't stop geeking out and don't start freaking out. Everyone will have access to the GEEKS. Have fun at TableTop Day!

---

I love you......................
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.