Subject: Tactic cards bonus question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi

I got a rule question regarding sacrificing armies for Aggression or colonization in regards to Tactic bonus (with and without air force bonus)

Say I have three Age II units (one of each) and a napoleonic army.

This would give me a strength of that army of (3+3+3+8= 17)
So if I sacrifice these 3 units I get a bonus of 17 to my temporary strength, or could bid up to 17 when colonizing.

Now I build an air force, which doubles my Army bonus to 16.

Say I play an aggression or colonization is up.

If I plan ONLY to sacrifice the 3 army units (Inf, Cav and Art) would i get an additional value of (3+3+3+16) (since air force doubles the bonus), or would I need to sacrifice the air force unit as well to get that "16" for napoleonic army?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Newcastle Upon Tyne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Komsi Hawkeye wrote:
If I plan ONLY to sacrifice the 3 army units (Inf, Cav and Art) would i get an additional value of (3+3+3+16) (since air force doubles the bonus), or would I need to sacrifice the air force unit as well to get that "16" for napoleonic army?

You would need to sacrifice the Air Force unit as well to get the 16 bonus (+5 extra for the AF itself of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan R
India
Mumbai
flag msg tools
It's Karan, not Karen!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You look at the whole set being sacrificed and add the strengths

Sac units only=3+3+3+8
Sac with AF=3+3+3+8+5+8
Sac only AF=5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bret Hawkeye
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ok thanks!

Another Question. Is Army strength always capped to 60? What in case of war, and both players decide to sacrifice units to increase the difference.

E.G. attacker has 54 and sacrifices some units and would get 75. Would the defender have to meet this number to prevent any loss, or does he just have to reach 60?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Sharpe
United Kingdom
Luton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case of war you can temporarily exceed 60 through sacrificing.

So in your example, the defender would have to meet 75 to prevent loss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.