Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Last Store Champ list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, I have played in 3 Store Championships, Combined record, 9-6, a 2nd and 3rd place finish in 2 of them.

In my 2nd place finish, i ran:

Dark Curse
Saber + PTL
5x Academy

I ran this twice, in a 4-2 2nd place finish, and a 2-2,mid pack finish. I liked it. If i ran a Imp "Swam", id run:

Howl
Mauler
Curse
Saber PTL
2x Academy

Good?

In my 3rd place finish i ran:

Soontir + PTL
Howl
BH + AutoBlaster
Academy

This did ok. Struggled Vs 4x B-Wing and a Shuttle/Firespray list.

My thoughs are to run one of these:

4x B-Wing
4x X-Wing
My New Swarm
3x BH
4x Shuttle

Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pontier
United States
Oak Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would need a little more information to give you advice.

When you ran you Dark Curse, Saber, + 5 acadamies in what way did you lose? Did you lose because you couldn't do enough damage or is it because your ships died too quickly? A swarm without Howl really lacks in firepower, but Howl doesn't give you any better defense, so if your ships were dying to fast, then flying with 6 instead of 7 isn't going to help much.

And, the 5 lists you posted are all so different from each other, that it is hard to recommend one without knowing your play style.
A 4 X-Wing build works off of synergy. It usually has Garvin or Biggs in it to bolster the other ships.
4 B-Wings sounds very workmanlike. You get in close, get your hands dirty and start do some killing.
The best versions of these that I have seen and flown have been combinations of the 2 with 2 X-Wings and 2 B-Wings.
Some options are:
Biggs
Rookie
Dagger + Adv Sensors x2
Or
Red Squad x2
Dagger + Adv Sensors x2
or
Ibtisam + PTL
Garvin
Blue
Rookie

As for the shuttle and BH lists you have, do you own that many big ships? I haven't met anyone with 4 shuttles yet, though I assume those people are out there. Both those lists have a lot of firepower and a lot of hit points, but they are very clumsy to fly if you haven't had any practice with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The 3 shuttle list on team covenant today sounded very interesting, using Soontir to mop up after anything that got behind the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Pitsch
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
The 3 shuttle list on team covenant today sounded very interesting, using Soontir to mop up after anything that got behind the group.

Do you have a link?

For my Swarm list, i lost to a fellow Swarm, With Howl, Came back and beat a similar swarm in top 4, lost to a Rebel, Biggs, B-Wing Y-Wings ( Not sure the exact build), but i could not kill Biggs, i could not focus on the 1 evade ships much.

I have 100 pts for every ship. I loan out ships to others who cant always get every ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.