Michał Kamiński
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dreary Hills Forced effect is:
Forced: After placing 1 or more progress tokens on Dreary Hills, each player must discard 1 card at random from his hand.

Here is the case: I was in Stage 2B of We must away ere break of day scenario. Dreary Hills was an Active Location. I quested with enough characters (Willpower) to place Progress tokens on it and discard the rest of the cards from Encounter deck. Fortunately one last card was left in my hand, so I could discard it after placing tokens and I could end the game this way. But what if I didn't have any cards left in hand (or if one of the players, when playing with more than one, didn't have any cards)? Would it be possible to end the game then?
This is not Travel effect (e.g. Necromancer's Pass), which is, as clearly stated in rules, mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forced effects are mandatory. If you don't have any card on your hand, then you were just lucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Kamiński
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it IS mandatory, but if I didn't have a card I could continue nevertheless? So it is not like Travel effect on Necro's Pass, that stops me from trevelling there if I don't have at least 2 cards in hand?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
krokodiler wrote:
So it IS mandatory, but if I didn't have a card I could continue nevertheless? So it is not like Travel effect on Necro's Pass, that stops me from trevelling there if I don't have at least 2 cards in hand?

Here's the trick. The forced effect triggers after you place the token, it is not a prerequisite of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michał Kamiński
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaawww... I get it :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.