Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Galaxy Defenders» Forums » General

Subject: GD tracker with KS exclusives? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Desbois
France
Aix en Provence
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey alĺ,

Am i the only one ennoyed that the KS characters are not in the tracker?
It make sit useless for me...

Spetz
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Bagley
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
funny. I said almost the same exact thing this morning in another thread. Would be nice to get that updated. Until then I have no use for the app either.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Machado
Brazil
Florianópolis
Santa Catarina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kcBagz wrote:
funny. I said almost the same exact thing this morning in another thread. Would be nice to get that updated. Until then I have no use for the app either.


I still use it to keep track of the Improved Weapons I get...
But the first time I played (and lost...), I got a weapon that wasn't there, either... So... It would be really nice if they could add the extra items and Agents.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I only wish they had a version that worked on a PC. I don't have a tablet.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delta 5.56
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for a Tracker update w/KS figures & items.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it is quite disappointing with the tracker not supporting the Kickstarter exclusives.
I am fine with the stuff not being supported further when it comes to scenarios and such. But leaving it out of the tracker feels like the company does not care about their backers any more

We are about to start a campaign on Tuesday and will have to do it the old fashioned way with pen and paper.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I just created a google sheet. It's not pretty but it only took me a few minutes and I can access it on my pc, phone, and tablet.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minnesota
msg tools
mb
Nice idea Joey! Mind sharing a template? Not that it's hard to make, but might be nice
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
sure, let me make a duplicate and i will link it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Here is the link. I just ask that you either make a copy or download it yourself, please don't use this copy to play from.

http://goo.gl/WTjMC9
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
You'll notice also that the mission status has a drop down to make it easy to put in the status. i eventually plan on doing the same thing for all of the weapons and stuff but just haven't had the time yet.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minnesota
msg tools
mb
awesome, thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeyTheMadScientist wrote:
Here is the link. I just ask that you either make a copy or download it yourself, please don't use this copy to play from.

http://goo.gl/WTjMC9


Hmm...devices, as far as I understand, are chosen at the start of each mission and each time you choose, it can change. So I'm not sure if its necessary to have all those rows. Its a really great start though. If I get time I'll probably modify it and create my own.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Yeah, i really just use this as a "game save." I work from home and have 2-3 minutes here and there during the day, so as I am running through the campaign it is on my off time at work, almost like a long game of chess. It can take me days to complete a mission, and I have no memory, so this fills in that need.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoeyTheMadScientist wrote:
Yeah, i really just use this as a "game save." I work from home and have 2-3 minutes here and there during the day, so as I am running through the campaign it is on my off time at work, almost like a long game of chess. It can take me days to complete a mission, and I have no memory, so this fills in that need.


That's what I figured. Looks like a 'current' progress tracker more than results tracker. I don't have the space/luxury of being able to leave the game set-up on a table somewhere. And as fiddly as it may be, I prefer to track in game stuff with the actual tokens.

In any case, for those looking for something more for a results tracker, I was able to find a little bit of time today and did a quick tracker sheet:

[Link no longer works, I updated it. Made a new post below.]

I've done drop downs for the character levels, and for the mission results. I forget how many Improved and Alien Weapons there are so I only have room for 10 each. Easy enough to expand, if needed.

When I have more time I will probably do drop downs for all the other columns. I'll post something here when/if I get around to it.

Any suggestions, from anyone, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So...I was entering info into a different spread sheet last night and figured I'd take another moment to finish up all the other info on the sheet I made.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17hHAdjgOkJpFZqW600_j...

So, pretty much every cell has a drop down menu now. I pulled all the info from the GD app. In any case, I wanted to get this out there so others who don't have a tablet can test it out and let me know what they think. Feels a bit..spartan, but I think everything we need is there.
3 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Garcia
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be handy. Thanks for putting it together.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
My app still doesn't separate the info for different games. I'm using a Nexus 7. I already tried uninstalling/reinstalling and I'm still getting the same problem. It's not just the improved weapons either, it seems to carry over tactics as well. I have only just gotten to skills, but since the app is mixing all my games into one, I haven't entered anything to see if the problem extends that far.

Also, to be clear, I clicked on new game when I created the second one. Am I doing something wrong?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hero_guy wrote:
So...I was entering info into a different spread sheet last night and figured I'd take another moment to finish up all the other info on the sheet I made.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17hHAdjgOkJpFZqW600_j...

So, pretty much every cell has a drop down menu now. I pulled all the info from the GD app. In any case, I wanted to get this out there so others who don't have a tablet can test it out and let me know what they think. Feels a bit..spartan, but I think everything we need is there.


Great spreadsheet Hero Guy. I have a question on the form though - Does the App track devices? Do the Devices carry forward into the next campaign mission? If so, do you plan to add those in to the spreadsheet?

We have only played a couple missions so far but have been playing it as if you do not use the device then it still carries forward to the next mission. Does anyone else do this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hero Guy
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lifeonfire wrote:
Hero_guy wrote:
So...I was entering info into a different spread sheet last night and figured I'd take another moment to finish up all the other info on the sheet I made.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17hHAdjgOkJpFZqW600_j...

So, pretty much every cell has a drop down menu now. I pulled all the info from the GD app. In any case, I wanted to get this out there so others who don't have a tablet can test it out and let me know what they think. Feels a bit..spartan, but I think everything we need is there.


Great spreadsheet Hero Guy. I have a question on the form though - Does the App track devices? Do the Devices carry forward into the next campaign mission? If so, do you plan to add those in to the spreadsheet?

We have only played a couple missions so far but have been playing it as if you do not use the device then it still carries forward to the next mission. Does anyone else do this?


Thanks! Devices don't get carried over from one mission to the next. Each mission states how many devices an agent may start with and you always get to choose which ones you start with. There's nothing to stop you from choosing the same one(s) each time. For instance when I play a Biotech, the first device I take is always the Sentry Gun. It's just too good to pass up, imo. But devices are 'use it or lose it'. So I don't plan on adding the devices. But I believe you can just make a copy of it onto your Drive and then you can feel free to modify it as much as you want.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.