Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's say my troop has +1 movement (from God Speed), and I use my first movement to move into an enemy territory. My opponent plays Escape and moves his troops to an adjacent space. Can I now use my 2nd movement point to chase the cowardly cur into his new space and re-initiate the battle phase?

Of course, this could also just happen from teleporting to an enemy space, Escape being played, and then using the first movement point to move your troop into the escaping troop's new space.

If this is the case, is Escape really that useful? Sure, I may decide to not chase them, and (for example) happily remain in the temple space they just retreated from... but at times it might only be delaying the inevitable battle and moving into a new battleground.

So essentially, if your troop is really weak and bound to lose any battle, Escape really can't save your troop from destruction?

Am I reading the rules correctly? If so, Escape isn't that great of a DI card.... or am I missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
Snotwalker wrote:
Let's say my troop has +1 movement (from God Speed), and I use my first movement to move into an enemy territory. My opponent plays Escape and moves his troops to an adjacent space. Can I now use my 2nd movement point to chase the cowardly cur into his new space and re-initiate the battle phase?

Of course, this could also just happen from teleporting to an enemy space, Escape being played, and then using the first movement point to move your troop into the escaping troop's new space.

If this is the case, is Escape really that useful? Sure, I may decide to not chase them, and (for example) happily remain in the temple space they just retreated from... but at times it might only be delaying the inevitable battle and moving into a new battleground.

So essentially, if your troop is really weak and bound to lose any battle, Escape really can't save your troop from destruction?

Am I reading the rules correctly? If so, Escape isn't that great of a DI card.... or am I missing something?

This has never come up in my games. We've always considered that the battle is aborted, and the attacker's move was over. Interpreting it any other way seems to go against the spirit of the movement/combat rules, if not the letter of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexei S.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
From the rules:

Quote:
Clarification: If, before a battle, the defender uses the DI card Escape, the battle is canceled and the player can continue his movement
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Bey
United States
Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Velorien wrote:
From the rules:

Quote:
Clarification: If, before a battle, the defender uses the DI card Escape, the battle is canceled and the player can continue his movement

So I read it correctly that the attacker can pursue and attack again since the initial attack was canceled, thus not ending the movement phase. I'm still new to the game, but Escape still sounds really nerfed from what it could have been.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plei Forejoy
Singapore
flag msg tools
This space for rent!
badge
Painting all these miniatures is starting to crimp my time...
mbmbmbmbmb
matagot_contact wrote:

matagot_contact wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Pillow
United Kingdom
Worcester
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Plus he might be escaping to move where your army is on the map, it could change from just a VP for you, to him destroying your army next turn as his main army is now in reach.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the escape card be played to allow a player other than yourself to avoid an attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.