Subject: Myth this weekend delayed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Williams

Newcastle
Washington
msg tools
mb
I live in Washington and was supposed to get myth today. I checked the update and saw this.

Bedford Park, IL, United States 03/20/2014 11:00 P.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Well, now my weekend is ruined....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chiroian wrote:

Well, now my weekend is ruined....

LOL...hopefully that last statement is said in jest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
soblue

That sucks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if all WA shipment is stuck here because mine is as well :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams

Newcastle
Washington
msg tools
mb
Well its not completely ruined but i had plans to play with friends right after work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
doug woolley

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a little frustrating that it has been in IL for the past 3 days...

What is UPS doing even?

====================
Exception

Scheduled Delivery:
Scheduled delivery information is not available at this time. Please check back later.
Last Location:
Bedford Park, IL, United States, Thursday, 03/20/2014

Additional Information
Shipped/Billed On:03/17/2014TypeackageWeight:21.50 lbs

Shipment Progress

Location Date Local Time Activity
Bedford Park, IL, United States 03/20/2014 9:05 A.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.
Hodgkins, IL, United States 03/18/2014 10:05 A.M. Departure Scan
03/18/2014 5:23 A.M. Arrival Scan
Indianapolis, IN, United States 03/18/2014 2:38 A.M. Departure Scan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wakefield
United States
Shoreline
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm in Wa and my shipment is delayed as well. Had a game night scheduled for Saturday. Guess we'll play descent if the shipment doesn't get out of Bedford soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Hills
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad day for Washington, I was really looking forward to playing this weekend also

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams

Newcastle
Washington
msg tools
mb
They are apparently playing myth with all our copies lol. I wondered why there hadnt been an update. Guess well be the last state to get our game after all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Naomi Nabbit
United States
Norwood
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Trust that you are beautiful.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me last week. The game was supposed to arrive on Friday, and UPS posted a message that there would be a delay due to inclement weather, and I didn't get it until Monday. Ruined my weekend plans... so I made new ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least you don't have to wait until the end of April to get yours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, I am in the same boat. I was letting all my friends know that I could be getting it in today and we were going to try giving it a spin on Sunday.

Then UPS failed hardcore. I don't understand how a truck gets "delayed" for over 2 days. I just hope the game arrives in one piece. The more days the carrier holds onto it, the more jacked up it is going to be.

Oh well, what is another couple days after waiting almost 3 months past the due date? Just my luck ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly my weekend and maybe week could be ruined because of this. i am leaving for a 3 week trip out side the USA starting Tuesday. so if they delay more then a day i will not be picking up my trip till mid April as well as the fact ill be unsure for 3 full weeks if my friends got the package for me when i was gone or not tell i can turn my cell back on once im home. Would make for a very unpleasant vacation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fitch Lub
msg tools
mb
Mine too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You assume if you you received the game today, you would understand the rulebook by the end of the weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here OP, except I'm in Montana. I just logged in and the latest update is that my stuff is now in Spokane.

Edit: Since the NCAA Tourney is on I'm actually fine with the delay It should be here Monday I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So how does this work when UPS guarantees ground shipping in X days. And they don't deliver? Maybe MERCS can at least get some money back on shipping ... fail!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams

Newcastle
Washington
msg tools
mb
I have spent time reading the rule book a couple times, the game play videos, the unofficial FAQ, rule section on BBG, lands of myth, and megacon. I know enough where i would have been able to jump in and have fun. I figured out mage knight and robinson crusoe. Games that are complicated and give the players alot of options are always going to run into issues with rules. They also are the ones i enjoy the most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Parks
United States
Billings
Montana
flag msg tools
Wildcard, bitches! Yee-haw!
badge
I'm gonna start dropping F-bombs. Listen to this: Fart you, fart head.
mbmbmbmbmb
MattVid wrote:
So how does this work when UPS guarantees ground shipping in X days. And they don't deliver? Maybe MERCS can at least get some money back on shipping ... fail!

Is ground guaranteed? I though just their express shipping was guaranteed. If there is indeed a guarantee on ground then I would say MERCS is due a refund in part because this was UPSs fault and not something uncontrollable like bad weather or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiderPestilence wrote:
MattVid wrote:

Is ground guaranteed? I though just their express shipping was guaranteed. If there is indeed a guarantee on ground then I would say MERCS is due a refund in part because this was UPSs fault and not something uncontrollable like bad weather or something.

I tried pretending to send a package from IN to WA and the ground option says 4 days, guaranteed. My current tracking information says "UPS truck was delayed", I have no idea for what reason.

Apparently this was updated last night, and I see no more updates today. Who knows when it will get here. But it sounds like I will be cancelling "game day" on Sunday with a couple friends that wanted to hash through the rules with me. /sigh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drea Paulsen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very disappointing. And mostly for personal reasons. me and a friend got this game in KS nearly a year ago to play it together but she had to move away for work, this up coming week ill be taking a two week trip to see her for the first time in almost half a year and i was so happy i was going to get the game Friday so i could bring it on the trip but now if it does not show up on Monday as i extremely hope it does ill not have another chance to play with her until i "might" see her this winter for x-miss....wow life most hate me this week and no idea why

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Barnes
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People might be in luck. My package for WA delivery just updated and is in Redmond now. Hopefully they do weekend deliveries and I get it tomorrow ... but who knows. Should definitely get it Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ashford
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Am in Seattle. Same message on my order, as in every UPS order that goes through Hodgkins to Bedford Park. Takes three to four days because of late trailer yet these two locations are only 8 miles apart (15 minutes). When posted to the UPS facebook site with this information they kicked me off for being confrontational. All I did was ask why it takes three to four days to move a package just eight miles away.

Gosh. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.