Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Maxx
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, there-- had a couple of disagreements over interpretation last night, thought I'd see if anyone had an official ruling on these.

1) Voltaric shield-- The first time the wizard is damaged it goes off. Does one apply the wizard's armor first and then use the shield on the remainer or does the shield activate first and then anything remaining go through to the armor. If the latter is true, which damage is deducted first regular or critical?

2) P1 casts "Seeking Dispel." P2 has the enchantment "Reverse Magic" unrevealed (face down). Which spell wins this contest? Reverse Magic states that when this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment you MUST flip it over and the spell is reversed. Seeking Dispel says you may not reveal the enchantment. So which spell effects which?

Thnx!

Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kārlis Jēriņš
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm a sheep.
badge
A lovely, fluffy sheep.
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I'm pretty sure armor is applied first.

2) Seeking Dispel doesn't target a creature at all, and thus Reverse Magic doesn't trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Maxx
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Right-- I missed that text "creature." Good call! Thnx,

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure about previous versions, but the 3.3 MWC book is pretty clear with voltaric shield an armour...

The attack has to deal at least one point of damage
to the Wizard in order to trigger and use the shield, and this
damage is counted after armor has already taken effect. If
the attack deals no damage to the Wizard (for example, all
damage is absorbed by armor, or the attack is blocked by a
Defense), the shield is not used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.