Popular Tags: [View All]
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
here it is castlevania: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4712
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4712

Direct link. Thanks for the heads up.

Here's some images too:

Almost feels more like Cadwallon: City of Thieves than Descent?

-shnar

P.S. Heh, "Manor of Ravens", um, like Castle Ravenloft?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
and a little bit more on the product page: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_npm_sec.asp?eidm=241&...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Thomson
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
This is the end; hold your breath and count to ten; feel the earth move and then; hear my heart burst again
badge
"We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are; one equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Tennyson
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks pretty cool.

And you know this means that there will be at least one more small expansion to even out the archetypes...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yum. Insta-buy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Meijer
Netherlands
The Hague
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unkindness class sounds cool!

And the crossbow guy had better give some unholy extra range...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sdrewthomson wrote:
Looks pretty cool.

And you know this means that there will be at least one more small expansion to even out the archetypes...

an both will probaly have city travel cards.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Being a bit disappointed in the mechanics in Lair of the Wyrm, I actually decided to pass on future small expansions. But this one's theme appeals to me so much. >_<
Also, the Lieutenant Decks apparently fixed the issue with rumour cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
___Shetland pony___ ___extra pepperoni___
United Kingdom
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it would be nice if they considered slowing down on expansions, so we could actually play the ever bulging monstrosity before it disappears up its own arse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Tjarks
United States
Crowley
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the title and pictures and the Castlevania theme started playing in my head.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hans4rd wrote:
Think it would be nice if they considered slowing down on expansions, so we could actually play the ever bulging monstrosity before it disappears up its own arse

Like I hinted at at my previous post, I think I will become more selective in which expansions I am going to purchase for this.
Not played through all available campaigns? No need for another big box!
I won't buy more than one Lieutenant pack per new campaign (max.).
I will not buy any small expansions unless the theme really appeals to me.

The more expansions one owns, the less value one gets out of a new one. You won't use more than 4 classes classes and heroes per campaign (this one is huge, especially with the Conversion Kit!). You can only play one campaign at a time. You can only use a fraction of OL decks and cards. You can only use a select few monsters per campaign (although here a big selection actually serves as a benefit past at-the-start-of-the-campaign choices) etc..
With just the options from the base game it felt like neither the players nor the OL had many options at their disposal, but only with LotW, LoR and the converted heroes (not using the monsters because we didn't like to proxy the minis and selecting open groups took ages^^) feel like enough options that I do not feel compelled to buy any expansion just to expand upon them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smurf-o-Deth
United States
Brownsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Pshaw! Consume!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzych Kowalczyk
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for some kind of vampire/werewolf LT and two gothic/undead-y monster groups. The manor golem thing is a bit meh, the Wraiths are thematically redundant with Shades already in the conversion kit and bandits as a monster group seem a bit out of place - they'd fit more in Nerkhall I guess.

After getting all excited for a proper gothic horror themed expansion I feel a bit let down now.

On an unrelated note, am I the only one thinking that the number of hero classed available is starting to get excessive? How long can FFG keep it up before the class mechanics start jumping the shark or become essentially all the same class regurgitated with different names?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm so excited for this expansion. I love the setting for it. It seems like it'd fit pretty well as a mini-campaign with Nerekhall.

The two new heroes are great... love that there's finally another female warrior. BUT, we get MORE human heroes? And it bothers me that we never see any non-white human heroes in this second edition.

Love the choices for monsters. Bandits are a great pick, and I've personally been wanting more human monsters forever. They'll go great with the sorcerers and flesh moulders. The Wraiths are a bit similar to Shades, but the sculpts are amazing and I'm really looking forward to their abilities.

Not a huge fan of Skarn, the lieutenant. I was hoping for a new female lieutenant. I'm glad it's not another human, though, and the concept behind him is pretty cool.

Really excited for two new overlord classes. The enchanter sounds right up my alley, but I'm very curious about the Unkindness class.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought everything for Second Edition so far so can't really stop now, can I? I'm excited that the OL gets more power in this one. 2 new OL card classes and monster group relics. Looking forward to adding this to the one as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PretzelTwist wrote:
we get MORE human heroes? And it bothers me that we never see any non-white human heroes in this second edition.

Entirely with you on the humans being all-white. Let's mix it up a bit! Or more than a bit. But I don't have a problem with human heroes. The (non-monster pack) expansions released/announced so far (including Manor of Ravens) have introduced 16 new heroes, counting Raythen and Serena from the lieutenant packs. Nine of them aren't human. Five of the eight in the base game aren't human. So among second-edition-specific heroes, 14 of 24 are non-humans. That's well over half:

Nonhuman
Ashrian
Widow Tarha
Tomble Burrowell
Grisban the Thirsty
Syndrael
Ulma Grimstone
Pathfinder Durik
High Mage Quellen
Ravaella Lightfoot
Tinashi the Wanderer
Rendiel
Raythen
Augur Grisom
Roganna the Shade

Human
Avric Albright
Leoric of the Book
Jain Fairwood
Dezra the Vile
Logan Lashley
Reynhart the Worthy
Serena
Orkell the Zwift
Alys Raine
Thaiden Mistpeak
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking forward to see how the new class decks are formed. Class decks are my favorite way the game is expanded.

Now we just need access to the cooperative module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so angry that Fantasy Flight is giving me more options to choose from when playing one of my favorite games. Stop it Fantasy Flight! /sarcasm

Oh internet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A M
msg tools
mb
Ugh. Just what the game needed - a sixteenth expansion inside of a year. No sale, and burnout gets closer...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
DonSilvarro wrote:
How long can FFG keep it up before the class mechanics start jumping the shark or become essentially all the same class regurgitated with different names?

This happened about three expansions ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herwig Riedl
Austria
Graz
flag msg tools
roll the hard six
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4714

and here ist the LT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JerseyP Bob
msg tools
Unkindness is kind of a lame name for a class of overlord cards. Is there a card that lets you give one of the heroes cash for their birthday instead of a real present?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
the theme of the expansion is pretty dark and edgar allen poe would be proud of the stories inside
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
it's just got better, insta buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the theme, disappointed with the lieutenant and the monster types. Despite that, kind of want to buy it, but will not as I told myself Nerekhall would be my last. I like that there are 2 overlord classes though.

Wish they put out more content for their other games too, got too much stuff for Descent!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.