Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven R
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I refrained from buying first time because of board related issues, but would still like to see it redone...either as a reprint or preferably a deluxe Kickstarter edition. I think it would be success either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably. But that could be said of 100 other games, too.

All you'd need is about 100 random miniatures that don't have anything to do with the game, preferably with zombie versions, add in lots of extras that don't improve the game along the way, and perhaps include a stamp that says the game is supported by CMON, and the Kickstarter will be very successful and maybe even make the designer a millionaire. Without the random miniatures, it might reach a funding goal of $30k or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still trying to understand why Z-Man won't reprint this. It was well-reviewed and sold out fairly quickly. With copies going on eBay for $90+, it would seem to be worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first read about this game I kind of laughed at the concept of a conflict game where you flick your units to move them. Ten minutes later I realized I had to have it! I'm glad I jumped on it and hope it comes back into print so more people can enjoy it. The 'board issues' or space rifts as we call them should not frighten people away. Who said space travel should be smooth sailing all the time? This isn't curling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wheelockian wrote:
I'm still trying to understand why Z-Man won't reprint this. It was well-reviewed and sold out fairly quickly. With copies going on eBay for $90+, it would seem to be worth it.

I remember reading here on bgg that is becaus they want to solve the puzzle board issues first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ashley Grenon
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered this game. Looks pretty cool. I reprint would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Fjeld
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've created an online petition to encourage Z-Man Games to do a reprint of Ascending Empires. Please sign if you want the publisher to know that we want it to happen. Hopefully it will push them in the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VICTOR MANUEL SERRANO SANCHEZ
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone knows something about an ascending empires reprint?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Nuñez Jimenez
Spain
Madrid
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am also interested if it comes with better components, specially a better board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aron West
Canada
Greater Toronto Area
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Expect an announcement from us (Elzra) regarding a reprint of Ascending Empires. That's all I'll write for the time being. Stay tuned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve O'Grady
United States
Jacksonville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game years ago. At the time, I played it with my two sons and one of their high school buddies. It was a fantastic 4x space game. Simple. Easy to learn. Easy to play. Lots of planning, lots of strategy, lots of conflict. One the best gaming experiences with my two sons.

Now they are gone, went through college, and both live in different states. And I still have the game on my game shelf, where it sits unused, and cries out for more play experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/28517459#28517459
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.