Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played with the expansions in a while, so why does the Daybreak rulebook specify that an additional "You are not a Cylon" card be added to the loyalty deck when it's being created when using Exodus?

Specifically, what rule in Exodus is being referred to? I checked the Exodus rulebook and saw it specified an additional card be added in the loyalty deck creation section, but I don't understand why. Wouldn't this mean that one loyalty card never gets handed out? Is there another mechanic that I'm missing here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The reason is due to Exodus's modification of the Execution rules, and the Personal Goal cards.

In Exodus, when a character is executed (or reveals a Personal Goal), you add one You Are Not A Cylon card to the deck, shuffle, and they draw a new card.
The intention is that Executions are not a "sure thing" Loyalty Detector as they are in Pegasus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thanks for the reply.

Just curious as to why one card gets added the beginning of the game as opposed to just when a human character gets executed?

Adding a card at the beginning introduces a chance that one less Cyclon player will be involved in the game (since it guarantees that one card will never be dealt out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because if you execute a human player post-sleeper and there are no cards left in the loyalty deck, you know that player is human and always will be. Exodus rules mean that player could have just picked up a Cylon loyalty card.

It (the extra card rule) has its drawbacks, it has its merits, all have been discussed before (and all will be discussed again?). Probably find more discussions in the Exodus forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Norman
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense now. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.