10 Posts

Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: When can you give trade goods away rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
Can I just give someone 3 trade goods any time I want?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I believe so. Normally this would be a result of some sort of negotiation, but I don't recall anything in the rules that would specifically prohibit such.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grab
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can give trade goods anytime. Negotiation are a big part of the game after all, and not only when political strategy card is played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, anytime you want, EXCEPT if something is played against you that forces you to give TGs to another player or discard them; you have to resolve that effect first. (IE, you can't have someone play Privateers on you, so you give all your TGs to someone else so that you have none left for Privateers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
mb
sigmazero13 wrote:
I agree, anytime you want, EXCEPT if something is played against you that forces you to give TGs to another player or discard them; you have to resolve that effect first. (IE, you can't have someone play Privateers on you, so you give all your TGs to someone else so that you have none left for Privateers).

But if you announced you were giving away your trade goods before they announced the privateers card, then you win! Haha. Who says TI isn't a dexterity game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:
sigmazero13 wrote:

But if you announced you were giving away your trade goods before they announced the privateers card, then you win! Haha. Who says TI isn't a dexterity game?

LOL, true. Although if you play by the book and announce you wish to play an action card without revealing it yet, I would say that at that point you can't give TGs away until the card is done being resolved. IE, I don't think you should be able to announce, and have someone give all their TGs away before you reveal and resolve the card, either

But of course if you give them away before they declare they are playing a card, that's fair game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom N
msg tools
mbmb
To give trade goods away doesn't take an official action does it? In other words you can't use it to stall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Armentia
Spain
flag msg tools
Zeromage wrote:
To give trade goods away doesn't take an official action does it? In other words you can't use it to stall.

No you can't, but you can use a command counter by activating a system and do nothing else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeromage wrote:

Correct. You don't even have to wait until your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
possum man
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some nice gun-barrel diplomacy with Privateers.
'How much will you pay me not to play Privateers on you?'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.