Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.spiele-offensive.de/Spieleschmiede/Sankt-Petersb...

The crowdfunding for the new version is online. You can change the language in the upper right corner to get the english version (of the webpage and also of the game!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Quintana

Bayside
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Love the new art!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
msg tools
Love the old art! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Porter
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The new art is very nice (not as odd as the endearing quirky original) and this is good value too. The new basic set includes the original expansion and new gameplay aspects. I hope this campaign goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shipping to USA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trebormills wrote:
abe18 wrote:
shipping to USA?

26 euro approx (which seems way to low)

why does it seem too low? using today's conversion rate, it comes out to be ~$36.

when i have given shipping quotes to people in Europe of ~$40 for a game, they claim its so much money.

either way it's too expensive for me, as the base game + shipping = $90 range
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt Mueller
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really great, but 26 euros shipping to the US. Ouch.

Now I know how the rest of the world feels about Kickstarter projects sometimes.

Gonna have to wait and see on this one. Maybe someone in the US could coordinate a group buy (The "Big Pack" that's listed is 10 copies for 400 euros. Depending on the shipping difference for 10 games versus just one, it might be more affordable for us Americans.) Anyone want to take on that project???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I was really interested in this game until I saw the price ~$90 to ship me a copy of a game just isn't going to happen. Considering this game is likely to fund I'll just wait for it to show up in retail (and after some reviews) and see if it's worth it then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Talley
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i went ahead and backed it, but didn't see the shipping cost until afterwards. not sure if that pledge is going to last until the end of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
ZdadrDeM wrote:

The crowdfunding for the new version is online. You can change the language in the upper right corner to get the english version (of the webpage and also of the game!).

Please be aware that it seems that the New Society corrections of the Hofmeisterin at least, probably the other ones also, did not made it to the new edition. And New Society as a whole also not.

That is my big Cave At and the reason I will not back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriele Pezzato
Italy
Padova
PD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

Please be aware that it seems that the New Society corrections of the Hofmeisterin at least, probably the other ones also, did not made it to the new edition. And New Society as a whole also not.

How can you say that as if it were a fact? This new edition is still work in progress as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked the question on the Spieleschmiede page. We'll have to wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Including the silly magazine expansion while excluding the well designed expansion seems like a big mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
GabrielGeek wrote:
Wolfram wrote:
ZdadrDeM wrote:

How can you say that as if it were a fact? This new edition is still work in progress as far as I can see.

The CF-Site says only the Schmiel authored Expansion and the video shows the Hofmeisterin with the old values. Care to bet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why bet? Frank Noack already posted in the other thread and on the Spieleschmiede page that only the Banquet will be included. He will ask someone at HiG because of the balance changes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D B
msg tools
ZdadrDeM wrote:
Why bet? Frank Noack already posted in the other thread and on the Spieleschmiede page that only the Banquet will be included. He will ask someone at HiG because of the balance changes.

Sounds awful sloppy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Without New Society, I can't bring myself to buy this, but my curiosity still compels me to ask 2 questions about the funds levels...

1) Why would you need extra money? I've never played with 5 -- will you run out of money with that many? If so, then shouldn't extra money be included?

2) What are "emergency storehouse cards?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:
2) What are "emergency storehouse cards?"

Per Jasmin in the project comments (translated via Bing, so take with appropriate grain of salt):
Jasmin, thru Bing wrote:
As Frank already quite rightly said, consists of the emergency camp 2 cards, rather to the normal cards to distinguish from stamped parts.
If you want to keep a 4 card to the stop, then you can take an emergency stock from the stock. As soon as you put out a card from the hand, you need to place back immediately the emergency camp in stocks.

I believe somewhere in the comments it was mentioned that this was because with the new phase you're likely to wind up with more cards in your hand. I would assume there's also a penalty (money or VP) for using one of the emergency storehouses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So kind of like an emergency Warehouse card? Interesting. Thanks.

I'm still stunned at the lack of New Society cards. Is my group alone in playing with them and finding it a "must have" for the base game? I just wouldn't play without them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You're not alone - the expansion is fantastic, and even playing original + expansion replacements is a better experience. I play it a _lot_ on Yucata, hundreds of games - and I definitely think New Society adds a lot more interesting decisions AND a fifth player without messing up the core game.

The idea of adding a new phase? Very skeptical, feels like you'll break the "purity" of the streamlined money/VP balance of the game that you have to tiptoe down like a tightrope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Noack
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still nothing new about "New Society"-Expansion. But I can tell that HiG is discussing it at the moment.

regarding extra Money: If you play alot it might be good to have a spare pack. Since it is thin paper, it is easely damaged or just looks crappy after a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder whether HiG talked to Tom Lehmann originally and decided he wanted too much money, or if they just assumed New Society wasn't necessary. Either way, I think they have learned that the fan base wants New Society and they are now (re)negotiating with Lehmann.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I have not been contacted by anyone at all re: this project. This is the first I've heard of it.

EDIT: I've now been contacted by Hans im Glück. See next page for details.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
I have not been contacted by anyone at all re: this project. This is the first I've heard of it.

Wow. One wonders who makes these decisions. I don't know an expansion more broadly liked by fans of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Liken
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barticus88 wrote:
Tom Lehmann wrote:

Wow. One wonders who makes these decisions. I don't know an expansion more broadly liked by fans of the game.

Yes it does seem odd - unless some of the changes made with the new phase re-balance the game somehow - but I'd be very surprised if that was the case.

The New Society expansion is great - thanks Tom!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.