Popular Tags: [View All]
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing they just make things harder? My FLGS got both in today was getting the base for sure but don't know about the extra aliens

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming you only need one box? It just swaps out aliens right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey madscientist
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I'm not going to bother with the elite army. IMO it doesn't add anything but toughness to the game, and I am already having a tough time as it is. I do still want the KS exclusive stuff that I did not get with my rookie status though, but only so I can fully play the downloadable missions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Yeackle
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd start with just the base game for now and make sure you enjoy it. Once you've done that and played through it enough times to where the blue and green aliens aren't as much of a challenge, or you want to create your own, then pick up the expansion. You only really need one as well, unless you're going for more of one type of Alien than the expansion comes with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mato Sato
Germany
Plankstadt
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Basegame is enough for the start

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Get the base game, then buy the elite aliens when you have finished the campaign and want to replay at a higher difficulty. I don't consider it a must-have expansion out of the gate, although the elite aliens do have some interesting special abilities. *I don't own the expansion myself, but I read about a lot of the details during the Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool thanks for all the replies. I just picked up the base. Just getting ready to crack it open and read the rules. Hopefully get to play it tomorrow night
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't buy it. While they sure are fun and good stuff for the money I am struggling with winning missions as is. Right now I'd rather buy a pink alien army. The teddy bear edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Ligot
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
kilrah wrote:
Wouldn't buy it. While they sure are fun and good stuff for the money I am struggling with winning missions as is. Right now I'd rather buy a pink alien army. The teddy bear edition. ;)

LOL Bought the Elite army yesterday without having played the game yet.

Who knows if I'll ever use em :)

Glad the game is challenging though. I think having the base game be tough as-is is great.

Makes things way more exciting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.