Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: 2014 Tabletop Day (Halifax Edition) Math Trade - DISCUSSION THREAD (Results Posted!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Discussion Thread for the Halifax Tabletop Day Math Trade! Results will be posted here once available. Feel free to post questions or comments here regarding the trade. For first time math traders, please visit the main Geeklist for information and helpful links.

LINKS:
Halifax Tabletop Day Math Trade (Offers)
Request List

IMPORTANT DATES:
OPEN FOR SUBMISSIONS: Now!
CLOSES TO ENTRIES: 8:00pm ADT Monday, March 31st
WANT LISTS DUE: 8:00pm ADT Thursday, April 3rd
RESULTS POSTED: by 11:59pm ADT Thursday, April 3rd

TRADES HAPPEN:
Saturday, April 5th, from Noon to 1pm, at St Mary's University Halifax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: 2014 Tabletop Day (Halifax Edition) Math Trade - DISCUSSION THREAD
Great idea; thanks for running this!

The competitive BGGer in me says we should see if we can rival the TABSCon MT for % of traders who end up with trades... arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Redgar wrote:
The competitive BGGer in me says we should see if we can rival the TABSCon MT for % of traders who end up with trades... arrrh

They really did well in their last trade - let's aim high!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzzah, someone did this!
I don't have a ton up for trade at the moment, but I mostly hope this is successful for future years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JP, I have a lot of Star Trek Heroclix miniatures (about 12 minis). Would you suggest submitting them as a lot, or individually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott it comes down to value and what you want to trade them for. You can't trade multiple items for one in this format so depending on the individual value of the figures and what your interested in trading for it might be better to have one or two lots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That answers the question. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apolcalyp nailed it on the head. You're unlikely to get anything in trade for individual minis, but the larger the bundle, the greater the lure for other traders. It's all part of the fun of the math trade!

snaggle4th wrote:
JP, I have a lot of Star Trek Heroclix miniatures (about 12 minis). Would you suggest submitting them as a lot, or individually?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JP, are you still able to modify the Requests list so that RPG products can be requested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snaggle4th wrote:
JP, are you still able to modify the Requests list so that RPG products can be requested?

Done! It shouldn't be a problem, but if you encounter any troubles, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie LeBouthillier
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
where do you post your want list?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie just follow the link to the trade geeklist and you'll see a link that says add item.

For your want list, if your looking for a request list follow the link for the request geeklist and add items there.

If your referring to adding your wants once the trade geeklist is closed you'll have to use OLWLG and the links are above with good tutorials on it's use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to Julie for throwing some items into the trade, and to Apocalyp for covering the response to her question.

We're closing in on 100 entries - very exciting!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clarification please. Note this is my first trade. I'm confused with gift certificates and what happens after steps 4/5. Originally I added the GC because what actual items I have to offer won't fly for the 1 game I wanted. But the list has now grown and there are 2 games I wouldn't mind having (well really there's a lot more but I'm told I have to be reasonable).

Do I select only the 1 game in step 3 or do I add both games and check the 20 GC for each in step 4-5 and then the trade analyzer will offer up choices to each individual?

I guess I don't understand how the last step is processed. I'm assuming no trade is finalized until the persons offering (the 2 games I would like) accept what is being presented as a trade (my 1 gift certificate).

What happens if both accept?

Once I get this straight then my next question will be about adding a 2nd GC to the existing entry and dealing with that in step 4/5.

Thanks,
Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat you don't have to be reasonable but you have to be sure that any games you check as a want for your game is something you'd actually want for that.

After the want lists are all submitted no offers are sent to anyone it's more the math trade optimizer will look at what what everyone wants for their offers and maximizes the trades.

So for example a valid trade scenario would be A gives to B who gives to C who gives to D who gives to A.

Nobody trades 1 for 1 with a specific person but everyone gets something from someone for the game they gave to someone else.

If you want so more reading on the subject http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d... is a good link.

Also if you want to add another GC to your GC item you just need to increase the copies number from 1 to however may you want to add.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a great video from Rahdo on using the OLWLG, and Math Trades in general:

It's a four part series, but this video starts in specifically on the OLWLG.

As Apocalyp mentioned, there are no offers sent out to other users. The TradeMaximizer script will figure out the maximum trades possible, often trading between multiple parties, and those will be the official results.

Please note: The trade results are 100% binding. If there's any item you wouldn't be happy receiving in trade, you shouldn't select it as a possible trade.

patgagnon wrote:
Clarification please. Note this is my first trade. I'm confused with gift certificates and what happens after steps 4/5. Originally I added the GC because what actual items I have to offer won't fly for the 1 game I wanted. But the list has now grown and there are 2 games I wouldn't mind having (well really there's a lot more but I'm told I have to be reasonable).

Do I select only the 1 game in step 3 or do I add both games and check the 20 GC for each in step 4-5 and then the trade analyzer will offer up choices to each individual?

I guess I don't understand how the last step is processed. I'm assuming no trade is finalized until the persons offering (the 2 games I would like) accept what is being presented as a trade (my 1 gift certificate).

What happens if both accept?

Once I get this straight then my next question will be about adding a 2nd GC to the existing entry and dealing with that in step 4/5.

Thanks,
Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Guys. The videos are very extensive and covered questions I didn't know I had yet. These are a must watch for noobs.

Thanks again.

Pat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean MacKinnon
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Does it take a while for your adds to show up on OLWLG? Not seeing the ones I just added...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat Gagnon
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the organizer has to "load" them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stmack wrote:
Does it take a while for your adds to show up on OLWLG? Not seeing the ones I just added...

Just wrapped up rehearsal, and synced the final submissions.

You may now submit your want lists!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP is it normal that I don't have the submit wants button yet? I can select the wants and edit them but I don't see the submit button in step 4 where it normally is..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apocalyp wrote:
JP is it normal that I don't have the submit wants button yet? I can select the wants and edit them but I don't see the submit button in step 4 where it normally is..

Are you still having the problem? I believe I've followed the appropriate steps to open the trade for want list submissions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
It's fixed this morning thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results posted!

23 items traded (none of mine, sadly) for a 21.5% success rate. Only one user failed to submit a want list.

All in all, not bad for our first time around the block! If you have any questions or comments about your next steps, please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JP Decosse
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ITEM SUMMARY (23 total trades):

(APOCALYP) 0003-DRAHOA-COPY1 receives (HELLIONUS) 0105-TAEG and sends to (PATGAGNON) 0026-20GIFT
(ARCTICLANCER) 0019-ODDVI receives (PATGAGNON) 0026-20GIFT and sends to (MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0035-TSURO
(CHEESEBURGER) 0074-LGOT receives (LOUISL) 0059-PONTE and sends to (MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0033-CASPAN
(CHEESEBURGER) 0075-NEWSCI receives (STMACK) 0112-BEZZE and sends to (HELLIONUS) 0105-TAEG
(CHEESEBURGER) 0078-DGOLD receives (LOUISL) 0053-NANZA and sends to (LOUISL) 0053-NANZA
(CHEESEBURGER) 0083-SPYRI receives (HELLIONUS) 0108-PYLOS and sends to (MAGNOMOTIVE) 0115-BATGAL
(HELLIONUS) 0105-TAEG receives (CHEESEBURGER) 0075-NEWSCI and sends to (APOCALYP) 0003-DRAHOA-COPY1
(HELLIONUS) 0108-PYLOS receives (JULIELEBOUTHILLIER) 0087-WOWTB and sends to (CHEESEBURGER) 0083-SPYRI
(JULIELEBOUTHILLIER) 0086-DDCRBG receives (MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0037-QUARR and sends to (MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0037-QUARR
(JULIELEBOUTHILLIER) 0087-WOWTB receives (LOUISL) 0055-FPFR and sends to (HELLIONUS) 0108-PYLOS
(LOUISL) 0053-NANZA receives (CHEESEBURGER) 0078-DGOLD and sends to (CHEESEBURGER) 0078-DGOLD
(LOUISL) 0055-FPFR receives (PERCY0715) 0068-TAMHAL and sends to (JULIELEBOUTHILLIER) 0087-WOWTB
(LOUISL) 0059-PONTE receives (MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0035-TSURO and sends to (CHEESEBURGER) 0074-LGOT
(MAGNOMOTIVE) 0115-BATGAL receives (CHEESEBURGER) 0083-SPYRI and sends to (PERCY0715) 0068-TAMHAL
(MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0033-CASPAN receives (CHEESEBURGER) 0074-LGOT and sends to (TOPGUN78) 0005-BMOON
(MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0035-TSURO receives (ARCTICLANCER) 0019-ODDVI and sends to (LOUISL) 0059-PONTE
(MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0037-QUARR receives (JULIELEBOUTHILLIER) 0086-DDCRBG and sends to (JULIELEBOUTHILLIER) 0086-DDCRBG
(PATGAGNON) 0026-20GIFT receives (APOCALYP) 0003-DRAHOA-COPY1 and sends to (ARCTICLANCER) 0019-ODDVI
(PERCY0715) 0068-TAMHAL receives (MAGNOMOTIVE) 0115-BATGAL and sends to (LOUISL) 0055-FPFR
(STARGAZINGCHILD) 0102-RELRUN receives (TOPGUN78) 0005-BMOON and sends to (TOPGUN78) 0007-SOTM
(STMACK) 0112-BEZZE receives (TOPGUN78) 0007-SOTM and sends to (CHEESEBURGER) 0075-NEWSCI
(TOPGUN78) 0005-BMOON receives (MICHAELGLAMOUREUX) 0033-CASPAN and sends to (STARGAZINGCHILD) 0102-RELRUN
(TOPGUN78) 0007-SOTM receives (STARGAZINGCHILD) 0102-RELRUN and sends to (STMACK) 0112-BEZZE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.