Fayston
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well from seeing this card:

Nova
Bucket Head

The first time Nova takes damage each turn,
you may redirect that damage to one target character.

I wonder what is considered the first damage?
Is that 1 point of damage or all damage from say an attack/block/action?

Also it seems as though I can redirect this to any target even my opponents. True/False

If I redirect damage during the Assign and Resolve damage step could this happen...
Say I have Captain America and Nova and they attack and my opponent blocks Nova but doesn't block Captain America.

If I redirect the damage from Nova to Captain America (say it's enough to knock him out)!!!
What would happen to Captain America would he still deal his damage to my opponent and then where would he end up in USED or PREP?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it doesn't say takes 1 damage or takes a damage. so it'll be just like the million ccgs that came before it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The first time Nova takes damage you would direct all of that damage to a target character. The card does not say the target has to be your character so you would select one of your opponent's characters. That character would receive the damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Without seeing the rules, this is how I would see it from a magic the gathering perspective.

The first time he takes damage, would be all of the first hit, whether it is one damage or ten.

You may target your opponent's creatures...err characters. The player is probably not going to be a character.

All of the damage is dealt, then redirected. So Cap would hit you and you would KO cap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
therealtheshader wrote:
Without seeing the rules, this is how I would see it from a magic the gathering perspective.

The first time he takes damage, would be all of the first hit, whether it is one damage or ten.

You may target your opponent's creatures...err characters. The player is probably not going to be all character.

All of the damage is dealt, then redirected. So Cap would hit you and you would KO cap.

you can target your own characters though. iv been toying with the idea of redirection damage to hulk jade giant to trigger his ability
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Adair
United States
Fayston
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Figured as much with damage...

I also figured out where Captain America in example would go...

He would go to Prep since he would be knocked out in Attack Step - Assign and Resolve Damage and unblocked characters don't move to used until the cleanup step.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
southj95 wrote:
Figured as much with damage...

I also figured out where Captain America in example would go...

He would go to Prep since he would be knocked out in Attack Step - Assign and Resolve Damage and unblocked characters don't move to used until the cleanup step.

yes. damage is simultaneous, so everyone would get to do their damage, then cap goes to prep (not used)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about damage that is dealt before the actual fight, like the one Hawkeye does. Is that also dealt simultaniously with the fight damage or before the fight, so that it can knock out a character before the fight starts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Bogle
United States
Belmont
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Olivier
Canada
Abbotsford
bc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mjje wrote:
What about damage that is dealt before the actual fight, like the one Hawkeye does. Is that also dealt simultaniously with the fight damage or before the fight, so that it can knock out a character before the fight starts?

based on most ccg's , hawkeyes damage wpuld take place in a different phase,therefor you would knock out thw character before the attavk step preventing them from nblocking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Dettmar
United States
Ontario
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, sorry, COMBAT damage is simultaneous
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hue
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys.
Another card I don't understand perfectly: Cyclops - If looks could kill.
I understand, he deals damage to every opponent before blockers are announced. But is that his attack or does he also deal his damage again after his blocker(s) are announced (so his ability is like Hawkeye's)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.