Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Hammen
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got to run a 3 player game of Pick-A-Polar Bear at the South Sound Board Game Convention last weekend. This game is quite fun; it may look like a simple children's game but it is a great game for adults too, and can be a great warm-up game before getting into something bigger.

I explained the rules to all players, and we built the grid of available cards. I also discussed the optional variants included with the game, but we decided to just stick with the base game for now.

During the first round, player 3 called 'Freeze' and there was only a few cards left on the table. Everyone had the proper sequence of cards, with player 1 scoring 9, player 2 scoring 8, and player 3 scoring 10.

The second round ended quickly, with Player 2 calling out Freeze after only grabbing a few cards. Incredibly, he was correct in calling Freeze, not being able to pick up any other cards. Player 3 got 3 more cards. Player one got 4.

During the last few rounds, we almost cleared the grid of cards completely. Player 3 correctly called Freeze on the last two rounds. In the end, Player 3 came out on top.

After the game, we discussed the included variants again. We all like the 'no equal card' variant, but did not think we would enjoy the other variant that comes with the game.

Overall, I would recommend this to anyone, be it a family with young children gamers, or a group of salty gaming vets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolly Thinkers
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your supports! Hope you love this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.