Eldritch Horror» Forums » General

Subject: Final Storage and Setup Solution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yn Pragne
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
My goal was to keep things organized, easy to setup and still fit in the box (well not the card stands but I use those for all my games). This seems to work well. Of course, when the first expansion is released, I'll have to re-think the whole setup. I have two dice bags for monsters and clue tokens during play, but for storage they go in the plano box. I use an Innovatium card holder and a generic plastic card holder from Office Depot for the setup. For the index cards, I used some old playing cards, cut off the side and attached stick on tabs. For the deck boxes, I just cut out the side for form a window so I could see the index cards and take out what I need.

It's organized as follows

WHITE DECK-BOX (all small cards):
Assets
Artifacts
Spells
Conditions
Reference

GREEN BOX (all ancient one cards except the large cards):
Ancient One Mystery
Ancient One Research
Ancient One Special

BLUE BOX:
Encounter Cards

BLACK BOX:
Mythos Cards

PLANO 23600:
Everything else

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
That is one awesome solution.

Cutting those deck boxes up for small cards is a pretty neat idea. For pure storage I prefer "landscape format" deckboxes, but might steal the idea for presentation solutions in some games where stacks are enormous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do you have four deck boxes fitting? I only have two to play with, but it looks like the box would only fit 3 and a half.

Also, are your cards sleeved in those deck boxes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yn Pragne
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah, all of the cards are sleeved. There are a couple of things that help make it work. First you have to have all of the lidded parts at the top. They are a just a tiny bit wider but enough that if they were at the bottom it doesn't quite fit. The other thing is that once you make all of the window cuts and cut the front for the small cards, it makes them a bit more flexible. They are still a tight squeeze though, but but enough that I think it could damage the box or anything.

I still have room for more cards in the boxes but I have my doubts if it's enough for the first expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yn Pragne
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Thanks! I bought a five pack of the portrait style deck boxes not knowing exactly how I was going to use them. It just do happened that they fit. I'll have to check out the landscape style boxes for my next project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
United States
Mayville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Do you have the board in that box under everything? Even so, it looks like the lid won't fit flush. One side would be much higher than the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.