Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kerensa Ward
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family will be moving from Guam to Colorado Springs. My 7yo son and I both play soccer, we homeschool and play boardgames. Any information on groups and/or clubs in the area is welcome.

We have been playing chess together and he is about to reach my the end of my ability and he is still showing enthusiasm. Groups to help him go further?

My son surfs and I have seen some possibility for him to continue, is this true?? I skiied many years ago and would like for us both to try snowboarding. My son is pretty cautious, does anyone have an instructor or program they love?

Please feel free to gm me. Excited about our move!

Best regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Loveland a couple hours north of the springs.

There is no surfing around here. We have no surf.

All the resorts have lessons for snowboarding I have yet to use them with my boy so I can't recommend any.

Welcome to Colorado I have lived in many states but this is the best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerensa Ward
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Syvanis wrote:
I live in Loveland a couple hours north of the springs.

There is no surfing around here. We have no surf.

All the resorts have lessons for snowboarding I have yet to use them with my boy so I can't recommend any.

Welcome to Colorado I have lived in many states but this is the best.

Thank you for the welcome! I made a visit to Colordo many years ago, this will be my first time to live there. Everyone I have spoken with has only great things to say

A web search shows river surfing in Glenwood Springs. I am hoping this is not limited to kayaking. Speaking of which, are there any recommended flat water locations for kayaking?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Martin
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
Glue wood springs is about five hours through the mountains from Colorado Springs. I have never kayaked before so I can't help you there.

Never heard of anyone rivers surfing before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Socratic Trickster
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Down along the creek, I remember something
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, and welcome! We have a very active and friendly table top gaming community here, your family will be right at home. A good start would be to go to the Colorado Springs Boardgamers Yahoo Group and join. I'll approve your request immediately. You'll find links to other groups and stores on our pages. In our BBG Guild you can learn a little about the locals.

For chess, the Colorado Springs Chess News has all the info. The Chess Club meets weekly right downtown.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
dave k
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerensa Ward
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davek wrote:
Hi, and welcome! We have a very active and friendly table top gaming community here, your family will be right at home. A good start would be to go to the Colorado Springs Boardgamers Yahoo Group and join. I'll approve your request immediately. You'll find links to other groups and stores on our pages. In our BBG Guild you can learn a little about the locals.

For chess, the Colorado Springs Chess News has all the info. The Chess Club meets weekly right downtown.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
dave k

Thank you! I sent a request with my bgg username in the note. Are there meetups that include the younger gamers very often?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.