Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
5 player game: 2 werewolves, troublemaker, robber, seer, villager, insomniac, tanner.

This is our first game with Tanner so we knew it was going to be a doosy...and it was. To make it simple (or complicated) we are players are myself and Alpha ,Beta,Clarence,Dee (going clockwise from me)

I am the villager...oh great well there goes any useful information I can provide. So lets start analyzing. Alpha very quickly declares insomniac and not being switched. Not ideal because no one pipes up to say that they switched them. However Dee is acting pretty shifty at this point, making up quite a few things about being the insomniac....almost too obvious, Dee might be the tanner is my thinking and I share it with the group. Then Beta declares that he switched Clarence and Dee thus making Clarence the tanner. Then Clarence declares that they were a werewolf. The stories start making very little sense and seem to be contradicting.

From the declared roles we assume that the seer is buried as well as robber and one or two of the werewolves.

We start pushing for more information trying to catch someone in a lie. Dee seems to be making up more stories being afraid that they are now the werewolf trying to throw hate over to Beta. It should be noted that Clarence is pretty quiet during all of this with Beta doing most of the talking. We end up seeming pretty convinced about the switch and not quite unanimously vote to lynch Dee believing they are the werewolf.

Flip the cards and... I am a villager, Alpha is an insomniac... Beta and Clarence are the werewolves...and Dee is the Tanner. Beta managed to divert all of the hate onto someone acting very "tanner"y

Overall a great game with many of us laughing at the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xenothon Stelnicki
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanner for me doesn't really take off until you've got the incredible tension created by having both Minion and Tanner possibly in play at the same time. Masterful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rami Finkelshtein
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Just another day on the staircase
mbmbmbmbmb
While I strongly agree with that statement, i find that minion gives way too much of an advantage to the werewolves when there are less than 7 players (and is almost necessary afterwards)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
xen911 wrote:
Tanner for me doesn't really take off until you've got the incredible tension created by having both Minion and Tanner possibly in play at the same time. Masterful!
I agree. I rarely use one without the other. I am also fine with having wolves+minion even at 3-6p. I have yet to find it disadvantage good, assuming good knows how to play the game well.

I also try to never have a roleset with just one Villager in it. It's gotta be either 0, 2, or 3 for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Reaser
United States
Morgantown
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I also try to never have a roleset with just one Villager in it. It's gotta be either 0, 2, or 3 for me.

That's the truth right there. If you only have 1 Villager, it makes "I'm a Villager" an almost completely nonviable strategy for the Werewolves, leaving the Werewolves only unsafe bluffs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.