Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grish
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
"Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life." ♯ ♩ ♫ ♪ - Beethoven
badge
--------ViSiT--------- ---------------------- DockingBay416.com ---------------------- ------for some------ ---------------------- -------STAR--------- -------WARS-------- --------------------- ------l-o-v-e--------
mbmbmbmbmb
For months there was nothing and now.... Looks like I got a problem... I can hold it.... Bwwaaaahhhhh (that's my head exploding from excitement)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Impressive, most impressive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hector131 wrote:

Really? Ya think it is?

I dunno - seems almost like FFG managed to turn even the *campaign* mode we had all been looking forward to into a series of deathmatches...

Was hoping for something a bit more objective-focused. (And I totally fail to see how the Rebels changing their lists between rounds is the slightest bit thematic?!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if I am a bit behind in the X-Wing game info, but:

What is the chance that they will make AT-AT's and AT-ST's for this game?

What I am really interested is some figurines for Assault on Hoth: The Empire Strikes Back. I expect that even if they make them it would be to big for that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
She wore! She wore! She wore a yellow ribbon! She wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May, And when I asked her why she wore that ribbon,
badge
She said, "It's for the Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!" Wembley! Wembley! We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wembley!
mbmbmbmbmb
Solamar wrote:

What I am really interested is some figurines for Assault on Hoth: The Empire Strikes Back. I expect that even if they make them it would be to big for that game.

There is zero chance they will make ground units for this game.

Now, if they made another game of SW ground battles....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:
Solamar wrote:

Zero? O.o Don't think that's the case unless you're in charge of ffg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vantageGT wrote:

Let's hope not! There's already a perfectly good miniature ground battle game that has both AT-AT's and AT-STs!

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/123992/star-wars-miniatures

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

(And I totally fail to see how the Rebels changing their lists between rounds is the slightest bit thematic?!)
???
"Immediately before a mission, they choose which ships and upgrades they want to use, but they can only draw from the limited list they created at the start of the campaign."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

Really? Ya think it is?

I dunno - seems almost like FFG managed to turn even the *campaign* mode we had all been looking forward to into a series of deathmatches...

Was hoping for something a bit more objective-focused. (And I totally fail to see how the Rebels changing their lists between rounds is the slightest bit thematic?!)

I mostly said that to have a Vader quote.

It gives the game another way to play, so imho, that's always good. There isn't really enough detail to say exactly how its going to work.

As for it being thematic. /shrugs Totally have to wait and see, I think 3 consecutive missions sounds fun to me. Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it was just one x-wing pe transport, a simple ion blast from planetside giving them enough time to jump away?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
XanderF wrote:
Hector131 wrote:

Really? Ya think it is?

Deathmatch with outside factors, ion and turbolaser fire. I think it sounds perfect. Very excited.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jade Youngblood
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So psyched

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still hoping for a book of scenarios and a separate book for a campaign. At a minimum a campaign where each mission can be played separately.

Still hoping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still say, if this didn't come with an X-Wing that had awesome pilots, I would not be buying it. GG Fantasy Flight, you win this battle.

If someone just wants to send me the cards, I can spray paint a potato gray and ram sticks in it if I need a transport.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
I'm still hoping for a book of scenarios and a separate book for a campaign. At a minimum a campaign where each mission can be played separately.

Still hoping.

At this point there are three missions with the core set, and one each with the YT, Firespray, Shuttle, and Aces. Add 5 more missions from the Transport, presumeably at least one more each from Tantive and Rebel Aces, that gives you at least 14 missions. Which isn't so bad. Some of them are not super-replayable, but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
'When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning' - Dr. Reiner Knizia
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeykins wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Still hoping.

At this point there are three missions with the core set, and one each with the YT, Firespray, Shuttle, and Aces. Add 5 more missions from the Transport, presumeably at least one more each from Tantive and Rebel Aces, that gives you at least 14 missions. Which isn't so bad. Some of them are not super-replayable, but still...

I wasn't complaining about what we had so far. Sorry if it sounded bad. You're right some of them are not replayable and the Transport sounds more like highly linked scenarios (campaign). I'm hoping for a book of up to 50 fairly balanced scenarios. If you get together every few weeks squad building can get a little tedious or at the very least something with replay value that has set goals.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.