Fireteam Zero» Forums » General

Subject: Increasing pledge post ks rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike
United Kingdom
Glasgow
flag msg tools
Just a quick question just now,hopefully someone will be able to answer it. I currently don't have the funds for the warchest but I could stretch to the heavy assault. If I had the funds post ks would I be able to upgrade to warchest through a pledge manager such as fundafull ? What does everyone think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been answered by Emergent Games in the Kickstarter Comments section (it's 5 days old now). The answer is:

Absolutely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is more of a curiosity because I haven't backed many kickstarters, but KS doesn't charge until the end of the campaign. I've seen a lot of people make similar comments which is why I'm asking, but what's the difference between pledging for HA and increasing the pledge by enough to cover the desired add-ons (and getting closer to stretch goals), and pledging lower and adding with the pledge manager? Isn't the money all charged at the same time anyway? I'm probably missing something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Diavatis
Greece
Melissia
Attica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not hugely experienced either, but not all KS campaigns have a pledge manager. I'd think that for boardgames this should be rare but for other items (where there's a more straightforward choice) it makes sense.

I usually follow a project's page as it progresses. If I'm mildly interested I don't pledge but I wait and see. Other times I'm completely sold on the project from my first visit and in rare occasions I go "all in".

FTZ was the later case

So, if you like what you see, and your wallet can support it, your commitment before the funding ends makes for a better project with more goodies for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill corlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally comitting to a larger pledge while the KS is running means that the various stretch trgets are met and new ones are announced. many KS will calculate the SG aceivved as the pledged total at the end of the KS.

Others - Incursion whcih was one I backed - will also include guarnetted pledges after the end in working out what they can offer.

So in general pledging what you can up front benefits everyone. If you can only up the monies aftrwards you still great a great deal but some things might not get to the table - the publishers, in this instance EG have to look at their costs to income and see what can be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Langlois
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmb
We will be launching the pledge manager in a day or two, and you will be able to adjust existing pledges after the campaign

However, Bill is correct, we will only calculate Stretch Goal unlocks during the actual KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.