Subject: A couple more spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Nix
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hopefully this isn't breaking any rules, but it appears that there was some promotional material released by AEG that had a couple of cards on it that aren't on the Doomtown main page, so figured it'd be okay to share with you folks.

Looks like we have:

Bobo
6C
? Stud
1 Influence
Abomination
Bobo's bullets are always equal to 1 plus the highest huckster skill in play

His cost isn't shown, but he has an upkeep of 3, and it's safe to guess he's part of the 4th Ring.

Lane Healey
8c
1 Stud
3 Influence
Lane gets +2 bullets while he has a horse
Costs 6 upkeep 2
and he's probably part of the Morgan Cattle Company

Blood Curse
QH
Noon Hex 9, Boot: A dude at this or an adjacent location gets -1 influence -1 bullet.
Noon Hex 9, Boot: One dude gets -2 bullets.
Costs 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Knight
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bobo's potentially a beast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Never know what's next.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note, this ad was created a few months ago for publication, those cards may have had some changes before they went to press.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Geraghty
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinda strange that a hex would have a cost. Not many spells in Doomtown Classic had costs IIRC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B.D. Flory
United States
New York
flag msg tools
tkpope wrote:
Kinda strange that a hex would have a cost. Not many spells in Doomtown Classic had costs IIRC.

Which made them very appealing as cards you could dump, thinning your deck to its shooting values extremely fast.

In principle, I wouldn't object to a move toward costing spells consistently higher than zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kruger
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
Hopefully this question hasn't been answered elsewhere, but I've been running through the forum for the last little while and can't seem to find anything on it: will it be possible to mix our old cards with the new ones? As in would the new ones be backward compatible or the old ones forwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Casually you can do what you want and I believe they said that it should be pretty compatible, but it won't be officially legal. There might be specific cards that don't work well due to rules changes though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Earl
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
"Does anyone know if the new cards will have the same card back, making new and old cards semi compatible?
- Different backs - cards are compatible apparently (although not in official tournament play) - so you will need one sided deck protectors if you wish to mix them. Worthy of note that old cards seem to have been reprinted with new values and costs."

This is from a facebook group post of various questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Kruger
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
Many thanks for the responses. I guess I'll be investing in some solid back sleeves then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bithlord Fake
msg tools
bd flory wrote:

In principle, I wouldn't object to a move toward costing spells consistently higher than zero.

Agreed. In many games, the opportunity cost of spending a card to get the spell is in itself a cost. But, because of the poker combat structure of Doomtown, thinning your deck of mass amounts of cards extremely fast can have huge benefits in your shootout capabilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.