Crokinole» Forums » General

Subject: Muzzies' Annapolis Tournament Board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carmine Migliore
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys I am writing to all of you who own the table in the subject. I am wondering whether it is worth to buy one or not. I am new to crokinole world but I felt instantly in love with this game and read a lot about which boards are the best. As far as I understood Hilsinkis are the best but Muzzies' appeal the most to me.

My only doubt is regarding the bounces. I have seen that on the standard version of this table (the octagonal one) the discs can bounce back on the playing surface risking to touch other discs still in play. Is this issue solved with the tournament table?
Thanks a lot for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian Johnston

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmb
I've played on Hilinski, Muzzies, Willard and Puzzler boards (and even a MayDay).

Willard boards, as the maker of the WCC boards, feels like the gold standard to me: very solid. Hilinski's have a great playing surface and re wonderfully flexible in their designs (though I don't love the multi-piece base). Muzzies has a great combination of the aesthetic with the solid build of a Willard. Joel Harper's puzzler boards are quite wonderful and my choice for the last board I bought as a gift for a good friend. Of my 4 boards, I'm currently partial to my WCC board signed by Willard Martin, and my wife prefers our Puzzler board.

I have corresponded with each of the men who make these boards: Willard, Carl, Murray and Joel. One thing is certain, you will have a fine board from any of these men and they are a pleasure to do business with. No matter the maker, you'll have a top tier board. No regrets.

Enjoy your decision, you won't go wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian Johnston

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh yeah, regarding bounce backs and 'damage' to pieces in play. I haven't played on an octagonal board, but occasionally I'll find a hard shot come back on to the surface, but that's maybe 1 time in 20 games? Not unheard of, but not frequent. I find keeping the pieces spread out in the ditch helps (vs bunching).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmine Migliore
Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have only played on a Ferti and the discs weren't bouncing back on the board since the external ring was deep enough to block the discs there.

Is the Muzzies playing surface levelled with the base?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Demian Johnston

Connecticut
msg tools
mbmbmb
No, the playing surface is well above the ditch. You should have no worries. Murray uses high quality material. It's the same if not thicker than the Hilinski.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.