Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
61 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Cool, young, and Republican??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Badolato
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Republicans pushing for options other than oil and gas ??
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Coal!!!!!!!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Are Republicans pushing for options other than oil and gas ??


I know I am. I'm actually for reducing our dependence on oil and gas.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Are Republicans pushing for options other than oil and gas ??

Murkowski pushes hydro and nuclear.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorium reactors FTW. But China is going to be the innovators there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
jonb wrote:
Are Republicans pushing for options other than oil and gas ??


I know I am. I'm actually for reducing our dependence on oil and gas.

You may be the only Republican in RSP.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
jonb wrote:
Are Republicans pushing for options other than oil and gas ??


I know I am. I'm actually for reducing our dependence on oil and gas.

You may be the only Republican in RSP.


Reducing our oil and gas consumption and reducing our dependency on foreign energy are not mutually exclusive. We can simultaneously reduce consumption and drill to reduce costs in the interim. Republicans don't hate the planet, believe it or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you a rRepublican?

The potential issue with increased production of domestic oil and gas, is that it will be sold internationally.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Are you a rRepublican?

The potential issue with increased production of domestic oil and gas, is that it will be sold internationally.


I prefer a more libertarian view, but I am a registered 'R' so that my vote counts for something.

Some could be sold internationally, but our level of need here would keep that to a very small amount. You don't import and export the same product; not in any significant amount anyway. And right now we are all import. And its costing us in $$ and in self sufficiency.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
[And right now we are all import. And its costing us in $$ and in self sufficiency.

No we aren't. In 2012 we only imported 16% of out total energy consumption.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
[And right now we are all import. And its costing us in $$ and in self sufficiency.

No we aren't. In 2012 we only imported 16% of out total energy consumption.


I don't know where you got you number because you didn't bother to tell me. If you check here, you'll see that we are importing more than we export, and the types of goods exported are mostly refined products. So, the exports are companies buying crude, refining and turning a profit.

And the amount we are importing is between 8,638,000 and 9,700,000 barrels per day. It's around $100 per barrel right now. The math says that approximately $329 billion per year. I don't know what % of the overall consumption that is, but to me 329 billion seems like a lot of money.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
jmilum wrote:
dynamiteboy80 wrote:
[And right now we are all import. And its costing us in $$ and in self sufficiency.

No we aren't. In 2012 we only imported 16% of out total energy consumption.


I don't know where you got you number because you didn't bother to tell me. If you check here, you'll see that we are importing more than we export, and the types of goods exported are mostly refined products. So, the exports are companies buying crude, refining and turning a profit.

And the amount we are importing is between 8,638,000 and 9,700,000 barrels per day. It's around $100 per barrel right now. The math says that approximately $329 billion per year. I don't know what % of the overall consumption that is, but to me 329 billion seems like a lot of money.

I got it from the EIA as well:

Quote:
Net imports of energy decline both in absolute terms and as a share of total U.S. energy consumption in the AEO2014 Reference case (Figure 10). The decline in energy imports reflects increased domestic production of petroleum and natural gas, along with demand reductions resulting from rising energy prices and gradual improvement in vehicle efficiency. At the same time, natural gas exports increase (as domestic supplies increase and it becomes attractive to liquefy the natural gas for export), along with exports of motor gasoline (as demand declines and refiners are left with more than they can sell domestically) and exports of crude oil (as lighter domestic crude oil is swapped for the heavier crudes more commonly run in modern refineries). The net import share of total U.S. energy consumption is 4% in 2040, compared with 16% in 2012 and about 30% in 2005.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Please don't feed the admin-troll.

Wow, you are such a mean person.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walker
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
"The significance of a person's life is determined by the story they believe themselves to be in." - Wendell Berry "If nothing lies beyond the pale of death, then nothing of value lies before it." - SMBC
badge
Thy mercy, my God, is the theme of my song, the joy of my heart and the boast of my tongue. Thy free grace alone, from the first to the last, has won my affection and bound my soul fast.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jonb wrote:
Are Republicans pushing for options other than oil and gas ??


Sure- nuclear power is a great thing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gray
United States
Bayfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
I got it from the EIA as well:

Quote:
Net imports of energy decline both in absolute terms and as a share of total U.S. energy consumption in the AEO2014 Reference case (Figure 10). The decline in energy imports reflects increased domestic production of petroleum and natural gas, along with demand reductions resulting from rising energy prices and gradual improvement in vehicle efficiency. At the same time, natural gas exports increase (as domestic supplies increase and it becomes attractive to liquefy the natural gas for export), along with exports of motor gasoline (as demand declines and refiners are left with more than they can sell domestically) and exports of crude oil (as lighter domestic crude oil is swapped for the heavier crudes more commonly run in modern refineries). The net import share of total U.S. energy consumption is 4% in 2040, compared with 16% in 2012 and about 30% in 2005.


Yes, energy production is up, thanks to state and private lands. If we went with the left's policies, we'd still be at 30%, which makes me sad.

But just because it is a small percentage, doesn't mean its not a boatload of money (as I posted above). The point is it is still costing us a lot. It is costing us significantly less thanks to folks willing to push for drilling/fracking. You're welcome.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, but 16% is not 'all import' as you said.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alaren wrote:
Whoa, now, there aren't a lot of us but Junior certainly isn't the only Republican in RSP. yuk

Are you a Republican too? Wow, this is the most claimed Republicans we've had in forever.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Boykin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
For BJ.....
Avatar
mb
jmilum wrote:
Alaren wrote:
Whoa, now, there aren't a lot of us but Junior certainly isn't the only Republican in RSP. yuk

Are you a Republican too? Wow, this is the most claimed Republicans we've had in forever.


Jeremy, you're so wrong it makes my head hurt.

There aren't any Tea Partiers in RSP. There are, however, plenty of Republicans.

Most of them, however, I'll bet are RINO's. So they don't count. They're not REAL Republicans.

So maybe you're right after all!!!!

Carry on.

Darilian
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
"I shouldn't have to check my bank account before I fill up my car."

Why?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Last I checked, we had plenty of Conservatives, but no Republicans. At least not any who would admit to it, you know, because of the complete and utter failure of republican policies over the last 50 years.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowball
Belgium
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
Gender: pot*ato. My opinion is an opinion.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Thorium reactors FTW. But China is going to be the innovators there.


Of course. How can investors put money in thorium plants dev. if any stupid 'ecological' minded government can on a whim challenge the whole nuclear sector? See greenpeace and germany for the summit of ill-informed, short sighted anti nuclear policies.
And I *am* a 'green'.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Iniguez
United States
Idaho Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon Mueller wrote:
"I shouldn't have to check my bank account before I fill up my car."

Why?


Because 'mericans have a God given right to drive big cars wherever we want! If God didn't want us to drive all the time, why is our country so big, and our cities so far apart?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I presumed the OP was just going to say "Pick Two."
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say I am probably more closely aligned with the Tea Party than any other party.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.