6 Posts

Infamy» Forums » General

Subject: freelancer game pieces color choice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Prahl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played the game for the first time, awesome game.

was wondering were the color choices for the game pieces a reference to Reservoir Dogs? ie: brown, pink, blue and yellow/blonde?

if so, please try to make the expansion that adds 2 more players have orange and white tokens so we can have the whole team
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is a very cool theory, but, alas, it is moreso because of all of the color coding in the game. Red, green, and blue reference factions, resources, mission types. I used ton have these as player colors and subconsciously players would support the faction in their color.

The joke a friend of mine makes is that all the player pieces are the color of discount easter candy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Prahl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
I used ton have these as player colors and subconsciously players would support the faction in their color.

Thats quite interesting actually, I wonder how much that comes up in game design. I've been working on a few games myself, and to be honest I never thought that piece color mattered...

edit: for what it's worth when i ask what color everyone wants to be I'm still going to ask "Do you want to be Mr. Brown, Mr. Pink, Mr. Blue or Mr. Blonde
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we pretend like this happy accident was intentional and I am just cool like that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Prahl
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
your secret it safe with me

edit: actually if you sold "upgrade packs" with white and orange pieces you would be cool like that cool

edit 2: and it goes somewhat deeper than just the color, if you compare the "meeple" of each color, (except the yellow one) to that iconic picture of the 'dogs walking to the job, there's kind of a resemblance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:
That is a very cool theory, but, alas, it is moreso because of all of the color coding in the game. Red, green, and blue reference factions, resources, mission types. I used ton have these as player colors and subconsciously players would support the faction in their color.

The joke a friend of mine makes is that all the player pieces are the color of discount easter candy.

I really don't like the colors too much. Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Black (Accomplice) should have done it. The Factions I think should have been something like: Purple, Cyan, Orange... that would have pretty much done it as well. But it is a minor thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.